LegacyGT.com

30K Service

RacerX100

My local dealer quoted me a price of $599.00 for the 30K service. I'm not paying that. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Charlotte or Lake Norman area that could do this for a reasonable price?

Make a trip to sunny FL, we can do it for $390.00

My local dealer quoted me a price of $599.00 for the 30K service. I'm not paying that. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Charlotte or Lake Norman area that could do this for a reasonable price?

If you do a search for 30K service you'll get a lot of info on going rates at both the stealerships and independant mechanics.

If you do a search for 30K service you'll get a lot of info on going rates at both the stealerships and independant mechanics.

What a difference a few phone calls make. I am going to take it to a local guy that has worked on my friends Corvette and co-workers Acura. Both of them mentioned him right away when the words "good local mechanic" came up.

The guy laughed when he saw the 30K service schedule on the Subaru site and told me when I was due for my next oil change to bring it in and he would check the other stuff out too. Sounds a little more reasonable to me.

390.00 + gas to FL...I'll be sure to remember you next time I need a favor Opie :lol:

Seriously, the different quotes you get for the same service locally is complete BS. This is the first new car I have owned so anyway, lesson learned.

Just remember the occasional trip to the dealer is worthwhile, gives them a chance to check for recalls & bulletins. Plus everything on the car but the tires is warrantied against defects including bulbs, wipers, brake pads, etc. so a visit could end up saving you some money out of pocket.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived