LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: AVO V1 TMIC w/ Thermal Emissive Coating by Crucial Racing

praedet

Hey folks, since I am going the twin-scroll route :icon_cool, I will be getting rid of this intercooler in the next month. Please PM me if you are interested. I guess I will start with a price of $550 plus any paypal or shipping fees. I paid $600 for the TMIC itself less than a year ago and I then paid $150 for the coating. I will take offers though...

EDIT: I truly forgot about this and was not trying to pull the "wool" over anyone's eyes. When I got it, one of the holes for the BOV bolt was stripped. I tapped it for one size larger bolt. I will include the mounting hardware so that you don't have to look for it. There are ZERO side-effects to this modification and the new hole is as strong as the original, if not stronger due to the slightly larger threads...

Ted

:spin:

• 2 weeks later...

Before the Coating (ran it w/o the engine cover and coating for about 1 week)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/TMIC/41e6da99.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/TMIC/de39808c.jpg

After the coating w/ engine cover trimmed. The coating is flat black

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/TMIC/AVOTMICTermalEmissive1.jpg

And the way it currently is. It fits w/ the Cusco Strut Brace. I have also had a screen on it since almost Day 1 to prtect it from random crap :lol:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/TMIC/AVOTMICTermalEmissive2.jpg

Ted

It will bolt on to stock with no modification. With no tuning (stock like you are :D) I don't know what it will do. I will ask around and see what answer I get from some tuners...

Ted

Any word on the effect w/o tuning? Not that I'm in a hurry to spend $$$, but I planned to do it eventually as this is one of the few things I can do that is guaranteed to not piss off the emissions police. And I plan to get get tuned as soon as it's an option.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

^^^Waiting for an answer. I'll hopefully have one by the end of today...

I updated the first post with some extra info on this TMIC. I truly forgot about this and was not trying to pull the "wool" over anyone's eyes. When I got it, one of the holes for the BOV bolt was stripped. I tapped it for one size larger bolt. I will include the mounting hardware so that you don't have to look for it. There are ZERO side-effects to this modification and the new hole is as strong as the original, if not stronger due to the slightly larger threads...

I should have my replacement in next week, so then the TMICs will be swapped out...

Ted

^^^Waiting for an answer. I'll hopefully have one by the end of today...

I updated the first post with some extra info on this TMIC. I truly forgot about this and was not trying to pull the "wool" over anyone's eyes. When I got it, one of the holes for the BOV bolt was stripped. I tapped it for one size larger bolt. I will include the mounting hardware so that you don't have to look for it. There are ZERO side-effects to this modification and the new hole is as strong as the original, if not stronger due to the slightly larger threads...

I should have my replacement in next week, so then the TMICs will be swapped out...

Ted

Why the switch to Perrin? It would seem you've got a bit of dough tied up an equivalent TMIC.

Man, TMIC is my next big $$ upgrade, but I'll probably follow in your footsteps and spring for the Perrin. Good luck on the sale, and cant wait to see your new setup Ted. You'll have to change your signature soon, no longer the fastest stock turbo'ed wagon. Will this setup be on and running before the Red Rocks meet? Who is doing your tune?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

• 1 month later...

Archived