LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth Audio Input -- Parrot Mk 6000

ron1

Hi everybody.

I am from Spain, and now I have a Subaru Legacy 3.0r automatic with gps.

I want to install the parrot ck300

I need to by any adaptor?

When I install what hapend with the voice instructions of gps during a call phone?

In other way.

Can some one said me which software use for gps and how or where I can download the new maps?

THANK YO!!!

Sergio

atoriecb@hotmail.com

Gracias Leonardo.

jejeje que ilusion poder hablar en español en este foro en inglés jijiji.

Soy novato con este coche así que estaré tiempo daaando vueltas al foro a ver que veo.

Mil gracias.

Miraré lo del DVD

Gracias.

PD: Donde se puede conseguir el aleron trasero que lleva el legacy de la foto del foro?

I have an 2005 GT LTD...want to know if Parrot MK6000 and quick connects harness works with the factory oem SUB. It's just PnP or I need to cut some SUBWOOFER wires? Thanks for your help.

For all,

California just starting enforcing the hands-free cell phone law on July 1st and I'm thinking about going this route instead of using a Blue Tooth ear piece. What I'd like to hear from you who have installed this device, is how well it operates in the LGT (and especially would like to hear from those of you sedan and wagon owners with modified exhaust), and how well this works from an actual telephone conversation perspective.

Does it provide clear conversations in both directions? I have clients who call me regularly and typically when I'm in traffic or on the freeway, and was wondering whether exhaust tone (up/down) does affect audio quality.

From a price perspective ($150) this seems like a great alternative to a similarly priced ear piece. Any and all impressions are appreciated and TIA.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

So far my MK6100 has worked very well. I'm sorry I can't comment on the after market exhaust question as I'm stock there. The only issues I have had regarding call clarity is my own volume control and outside noises. I was speaking too loudly as I wasn't aware of how sensitive the microphone's are. They're very good. The outside noise issue is eliminated by keeping the windows up when having a conversation, especially when moving.

Cheers!

This post describes the installation of a Parrot Mk6000 Bluetooth kit in a 2006 Subaru Outback Station Wagon. The MK6000 was announced at the 2007 CES and its features include

• Audio streaming
  • Voice recognition
  • Telephony
  • Software updating

There is no auxiliary input in the 2006 Subaru factory-installed audio system. The MK6000 audio streaming feature caught my attention as a solution for transmitting quality audio from the media library on my car computer to the speakers installed in my 2006 Subaru without having to deal with the disadvantages of FM modulators or circuit modifications to the factory radio.

The Parrot Mk 6000 kit contains the following items:

• Blue Box
  • ISO harness
  • Microphone
  • Control Pad
  • User Guide

I am not an experienced installer. I purchased a QC Sub 1 wiring harness. This eliminated the need to cut, trim or solder any wires. The only tool required was a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver. An extended grab tool was used to dress the microphone wire behind the instrument cluster. A local automobile repair shop assisted with dressing the microphone wire behind the pillar trim. (With proper tools, this was not as difficult a task as it first appeared.) The control unit was installed in the ample space behind and below the radio.

The major steps in the installation included:

• Remove center console trim
  • Remove 6 screws holding radio assembly
  • Disconnect radio antenna lead to provide more accessibility
  • Remove large white connector (CN701 – 14 pin) from back of radio and plug into receptacle in QC Sub 1 Harness
  • Plug QC Sub 1 white connector into back of radio
  • Insert black connector from ISO Harness into Parrot Mk 6000 Blue Box
  • Insert 4 keyed connectors between the two harnesses
  • Swap fuse connector caps on the orange 12v battery wire and the red ignition wire, per written directions with QC Sub 1 kit. (The instructions further note that, unless the swap is made, you will not get the “Goodbye” message when shutting down the vehicle. I made the swap, but did not get the message. I verified the wiring with a voltmeter.)
  • Tape over bullet connector on yellow mute wire (not used with the QC Sub 1 harness). Bundle un-used wires.
  • Run control pad cable to Parrot Mk 6000 Blue Box. Insert plug. Select mounting position for control pad.
  • Install microphone. Run cable down Driver side pillar, behind instrument cluster to center console and plug into Parrot Mk 6000 Blue Box. Twist connector to lock position.
  • Reconnect radio antenna lead
  • Screw radio into place (6 screws)
  • Re-install trim

Upon powering up, the control pad LEDs flashed in the sequence described in the instructions and the radio resumed playing. Then the radio was momentarily muted and there was an announcement in a feminine voice, “Please pair device.” The radio resumed playing. (Station settings were lost during the installation and had to be reset.)

When powering down, the control pad LEDs flashed in the prescribed sequence, but there was no “Goodbye” message.

The next posts will show pictures and describe the Bluetooth pairing and configuration procedures between the car computer and the Mk6000.

It only works with front speakers?:confused:

Will either this or the CK3100 work with the OEM factory sub installed?

I keep searching for this, and have looked at threads dealing with both the 3100 and the 3000 - both also including aftermarket "quick connect kits"/pre-made harnesses.

I either keep missing it, or simply don't understand what I'm reading.....

Sorry, I'm rather tech-deficient, when it comes to cell phones and car-audio. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Thankyee! That was a big help! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I think I'm going to be picking one of these up. My understanding is that the MK6000 supports Bluetooth Audio. If you use the quick connect harness, when you want to use bluetooth audio from a cel/blackberry etc, which input do you have to select on the factory head unit?

Thanks,

Zavar

Picking up a MK6100 and QCsub-1 harness. Has any one done the Spec B steering wheel mod with the Parrot? BTW I also have a factory sub.

What's the steering wheel mod? Is it possible to map a button on the steering wheel to interact with the parrot a la VW/Mercedes?

• 5 months later...
Picking up a MK6100 and QCsub-1 harness. Has any one done the Spec B steering wheel mod with the Parrot? BTW I also have a factory sub.

I'm sure you've already figured out that these all work but I thought I'd chime in anyway. Yes, I've got the MK6100 working with the spec b steering wheel (with radio controls) and the factory sub. ;)

Zavar - You shouldn't need to pick any input on the stereo. When you activate whatever you have linked via bluetooth it will mute whatever you have playing on the stereo be it the radio, CD player or Satellite Radio.

Cheers!

Archived