LegacyGT.com

snow in the North East!!!

Guinnesspower

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got 27 inches of snow yesterday in Burlington. The Burlington roads were hardly plowed. There is maybe enough room to get one car through. I had to drive and stop (on hills) in 8 inches+ of snow at stop signs and lights. NO problems getting going again. I passed a few 4wd trucks that were only going 30 or so on the main road. Even in a lot of deep and loose snow my low ground clearance doesn't really matter much. I saw several trucks and pathfinders sliding sideways a lot more than me. Even with their big tires and high ground clearnace. Now if the snow was 12inches+ I am sure they will have an advantage, but for 99% of driving people do, my car does fine. Now I am only 1 of 5 people at work again today........ :confused: O

h well, snow will be here a while, 6 degrees outside. You guys from NJ need to come up here and drive in some real snow. No wimpy 2 inches in a parking lot.......:icon_mrgr

Did not get much snow during the "storm" - somewhere between 3-6 inches?

I guess thats all we were expecting though...the roads were very nasty though!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/speakincode/carinsnow.jpg

We got 27 inches of snow yesterday in Burlington. The Burlington roads were hardly plowed. There is maybe enough room to get one car through. I had to drive and stop (on hills) in 8 inches+ of snow at stop signs and lights. NO problems getting going again. I passed a few 4wd trucks that were only going 30 or so on the main road. Even in a lot of deep and loose snow my low ground clearance doesn't really matter much. I saw several trucks and pathfinders sliding sideways a lot more than me. Even with their big tires and high ground clearnace. Now if the snow was 12inches+ I am sure they will have an advantage, but for 99% of driving people do, my car does fine. Now I am only 1 of 5 people at work again today........ :confused: O

h well, snow will be here a while, 6 degrees outside. You guys from NJ need to come up here and drive in some real snow. No wimpy 2 inches in a parking lot.......:icon_mrgr

had you beat by at least a full foot!!! It was snowing at a rate of 6 inches an hour for a few hours! Roads were closed and everyone was told to stay home...guess I missed the announcement! Had a fun time trying out the LGT in the snow. Did well until turning onto an unplowed street with about 24in of snow...kept my foot in it, had the Rsi's grabbing for any type of traction (started to heave up under the car). Have to admit though (love the car...waiting for the hate mail to start...), my 1989 BMW 325ix (not xi) actually does better in the deep stuff (higher ground clearence???) Anyway, no dents, wheel rash or scratches...but blew through 1/2 tank of gas playing all night! Still alot left...come up and experience some deep snow!

If any of you Subie owners want to move to Florida (Outta the snow) give me a

yell. I have 4BR 2BA 1700 Sf Brick in Pama,a City Beach for sale $263,000

1/2 mile from the Word:) ls Most Beautiful Beach....

Deadeye 850-624-9665

If any of you Subie owners want to move to Florida (Outta the snow) give me a

yell. I have 4BR 2BA 1700 Sf Brick in Pama,a City Beach for sale $263,000

1/2 mile from the Word:) ls Most Beautiful Beach....

Deadeye 850-624-9665

man...I payed more for a 3bed 1.5bath in columbia MD.....:icon_bigg

Archived