Reverse light options?

fatbastard

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is SPARTA!!!!

Oops, wrong 300.... :lol:

--

I'm afraid that I won't have any better pictures than brother TRS - the brighter reverse light's effect is noticeable, but not "day and night."

I think that's all that can be said. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I know that my headlight bulbs just *ALMOST* fit in the reverse light housing. It looks like a little modification to the socket and also some wiring is needed and you could get 55w of headlight power out of your reverse lights!

I know that my headlight bulbs just *ALMOST* fit in the reverse light housing. It looks like a little modification to the socket and also some wiring is needed and you could get 55w of headlight power out of your reverse lights!

lol dayum, that'd be so funny :p

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Just did the ERD bulb switch. Thanks to brother TRS for the idea. :)

On the sedan, this is, of course, a two-minute job.

I'll update in a few days, after I've had some time with the new setup, in the dark.

any news on it yet?!

Mine is on the way

:rolleyes:

^ No more than what I'd said in post #27.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1672233&postcount=27

It's not a night-and-day, but it's definitely noticeable. Now that our road-treatments really dirty up the car's windows, this does help, when I back into my garage at night.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 2 weeks later...
For the amount of money that was involved, it's definitely worth it!

+1.

Miminal expense, minimal labor.

I definitely appreciate it a bit more, now, too, after having had to reverse a bit in a darker area the other night.

50w ERF bulb. I have smoke tint on and I left them on for 30 sec. and could hardly feel any warmth. I never back up for more than 30 sec. at a time if I can help it.

EDIT: I DON'T recommend this. One of my bulbs fell out of the socket. I went in there to put it back in and found charring on the edge of the socket where the bulb presses into it. I checked the other side and found a little char there too.

Anyone wanna buy some 50 watt bulbs? less thab 2 months old.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/Mitch_9_23_60/DSC00183.jpg

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

• 3 months later...
50w ERF bulb. I have smoke tint on and I left them on for 30 sec. and could hardly feel any warmth. I never back up for more than 30 sec. at a time if I can help it.

EDIT: I DON'T recommend this. One of my bulbs fell out of the socket. I went in there to put it back in and found charring on the edge of the socket where the bulb presses into it. I checked the other side and found a little char there too.

Holy crap! I can't believe I missed this update!

Thanks for the honest assessment! Duly noted! :) And totally glad your car and tails weren't burnt! :eek:

I'd honestly take them off your hands (if you still had them), but unfortunately, my own reverse practices requires that my lights stay on for nearly the same duration as you....particularly when I have to back all the way up my drive..... Hope you find someone who just needs a short, but ultra-bright, burst! :)

^ I'll ask around a bit locally!

• 6 months later...

^ Sweet! :D

What application is that? Any heat concerns?

Any outdoor shots?

I'm interested!

they are two ssc p7 leds they are around $20 each they are rated for 700-900lm for the c bin heat is not really a consern right now since its about still about one amp away from its max current of 2.8A when I left the lights on for 3 min the smaller 40x40mm heatsink got hot enough that I could not keep my finger on it longer then two seconds. the larger heatsink never got hot at all.. when I get the higher power led driver I will do another test tomorrow my JDM fixture for the legacy BG comes in so I can finally see what it looks like in the housing. all I can say is no one can't say I was not backing up!

they are two ssc p7 leds they are around $20 each they are rated for 700-900lm for the c bin heat is not really a consern right now since its about still about one amp away from its max current of 2.8A when I left the lights on for 3 min the smaller 40x40mm heatsink got hot enough that I could not keep my finger on it longer then two seconds. the larger heatsink never got hot at all.. when I get the higher power led driver I will do another test tomorrow my JDM fixture for the legacy BG comes in so I can finally see what it looks like in the housing.

Good stuff! Keep us updated! :wub:

all I can say is no one can't say I was not backing up!

ROFL!!! :lol:

well what i found out is the Left LED temp is 70.9C and the right LED is 50.8C that's the temp at the emitter

heatsink temps were pretty much the same at 34.4C for the Left and 34.0c for the right

I'm planning right now for some Luxeon turn signal bulbs but I need to know if this control is going to bypass the PMW so it will blink bright, dim, bright

I think that's how the Subaru flasher blinks when the parking lights are on.. Been awhile since I had my subaru.. lol January I can put all this on the car :D

Archived