LegacyGT.com

SPT Intake & "Rechipped" LGT

Stopped by my Subaru dealer Friday to drop off a grande bottle of San Miguel to my favorite salesman and also to look at an '06 STI that I was thinking about purchasing. Was sold the day before but salesman wanted me to take the store GM's 06 LGT for a spin. Popped the hood and there was the SPT intake. Salesman also pointed out that the engine was "rechipped". I pretended to be dumb (not hard for me to do) and asked, "Rechipped?" You mean the ecu has been flashed? He said yes. "I thought that voids the warranty". "No," he says. "Are you sure, bro? That doesn't effect the warranty?" He insists it doesn't and that it was flashed there at the dealership by their mechanic. He says it hauls ass. "Kool," I said. I ask if he's driven it and he has. "Let's go for a burn in my ride then you tell me which is faster." We hop in and as soon as I hit the street we're gone. He says, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS THING?" I say, "Nothing, bro?" He doesn't believe me. We make a right then get on it again. "That's 75 there partner" when I get off it to avoid slamming into the back of the cop car. I look over at him and his eyes are popping out of the sockets when he says, "No shit?" Needless to say which ride was faster. My ride='05LGT 5eat Cobb AP, up&down pipe, f&rsb, H&R springs, TDC Stg 2 E-Tune.

Stopped by my Subaru dealer Friday to drop off a grande bottle of San Miguel to my favorite salesman and also to look at an '06 STI that I was thinking about purchasing. Was sold the day before but salesman wanted me to take the store GM's 06 LGT for a spin. Popped the hood and there was the SPT intake. Salesman also pointed out that the engine was "rechipped". I pretended to be dumb (not hard for me to do) and asked, "Rechipped?" You mean the ecu has been flashed? He said yes. "I thought that voids the warranty". "No," he says. "Are you sure, bro? That doesn't effect the warranty?" He insists it doesn't and that it was flashed there at the dealership by their mechanic. He says it hauls ass. "Kool," I said. I ask if he's driven it and he has. "Let's go for a burn in my ride then you tell me which is faster." We hop in and as soon as I hit the street we're gone. He says, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS THING?" I say, "Nothing, bro?" He doesn't believe me. We make a right then get on it again. "That's 75 there partner" when I get off it to avoid slamming into the back of the cop car. I look over at him and his eyes are popping out of the sockets when he says, "No shit?" Needless to say which ride was faster. My ride='05LGT 5eat Cobb AP, up&down pipe, f&rsb, H&R springs, TDC Stg 2 E-Tune.

That is awesome. LOL

+1

Archived