LegacyGT.com

Where to dine in the Santa Cruz area?

SubiGT

The wife and I are staying down in Santa Cruz next Saturday and Sunday(Feb 17&18), going back home Monday afternoon. We'll be eating in Campbell Saturday night, but every other meal is wide open. We're looking for a good Italian place, a good Steakhouse(not steak and seafood, as that is usually just seafood with some beef thrown in), maybe a Chicago style pizza place, etc.

It's been a looong time since I spent any time in Santa Cruz, and back when I was cutting class to go to the beach, good dining was not on my "to do" list!

Any good suggestions out there?

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

For Italian, had a great meal recently at Cafe Mare on Front Street http://www.cafemare.com/

If you are down in Aptos, Al Bocalino is always good. I eat there about once a week http://www.al-boccalino.com/

Looking for sushi? You can't throw a rock without hitting a decent sushi place. If you are tentative, try http://www.takarasushi.com/ at the Capitola Mall.

:icon_idea Eat your fresh berries every day. Good for 5 hp.

Where are you eating in Campbell? I live a couple miles away in SJ.

Unfortunately, my 91yo Grandfather likes El Burro in the Pruneyard. Not the best Mexican, but I can endure it.

We are actually staying in Aptos, but will be "doing" Santa Cruz for our little vacation away from our dogs and cats.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I will chime in, my favorite place to eat in the santa cruz area is The Crows Nest. The Steaks are great as well as the seafood. We have yet to have something less than great. Lots of people like shadowbrook, but I wasn't as impressed with the food as the crows nest. The prices are more reasonable at crows nest as well.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I will chime in, my favorite place to eat in the santa cruz area is The Crows Nest. The Steaks are great as well as the seafood. We have yet to have something less than great. Lots of people like shadowbrook, but I wasn't as impressed with the food as the crows nest. The prices are more reasonable at crows nest as well.

Hey Ben, I was hoping you'd show up:) Wifey is gonna take me to Shadowbrook for cocktails, but we'll definately look at Crows Nest for Sunday dinner.

Anybody got a suggestion for a good, old fashioned, greasy spoon breakfast place? I judge a place by their bisquits'n'gravy....

Cool. I can't wait to try out some of these places. Might just have to make another trip soon to get them all:)

Archived