LegacyGT.com

HungHing88's TSX Xenon projecor retro

VXCL

VXCL

I got to work on mine tonight. I am doing one at a time just to make it easier on myself in case i forget where something goes.

I can tell why you have the white spacers on the top mount. Without those i would not have enough clearance in the back for the wiring and bulb. And also you need to move the projector up into the shroud more. Any tips on lining the projector up with the shroud? Right now i am adjusting the top bracket to match up with the shroud opening and then i will do the bottom.

I also just tentatively placed the shroud back on and i did NOT feel any rubbing. When you said you ground down are you referring to the shroud or did you actually grind the projector itself?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Erich

VXCL

I got to work on mine tonight. I am doing one at a time just to make it easier on myself in case i forget where something goes.

I can tell why you have the white spacers on the top mount. Without those i would not have enough clearance in the back for the wiring and bulb. And also you need to move the projector up into the shroud more. Any tips on lining the projector up with the shroud? Right now i am adjusting the top bracket to match up with the shroud opening and then i will do the bottom.

I also just tentatively placed the shroud back on and i did NOT feel any rubbing. When you said you ground down are you referring to the shroud or did you actually grind the projector itself?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Erich

I can't remember the exact spacer size I used, def under 1cm, my guess is they were about 6-7mm and there was still some clearance.

As far as getting the shroud to fit, you prob wont notice it without installing it back into the lens and the trying to put the light back together.

I had to cut off half of the outer top screw mount so only a u shape was left, but 3 other bolts plus half there was more then adeqaute to keep it all together.

After everything is assembled i would go back and apply a dab of sealant on each screw so no chance of it coming loose, even if you used lock washers.

Enjoy the tsx projectors, they are very nice units, and VERY BRIGHT!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived