LegacyGT.com

Holy expensive Install....

svx6

I would just do it for a free lunch. Its really not that hard to do on your own. I have done it in 3 hours. Though the first time I did it, it took 8:icon_mad: only because I was also helping a buddy do a clutch install on a wrx at the same time...that is a PITA!
Semper Fi.

It would cost be cheaper for me to FLY you to seattle, feed and room you and fly you home. Man...I might have to look up what tools I need to do this...

If you want to fly me out there I will bring my tools and do it for you. I have a buddy out there I have been interested in visiting for a while:icon_wink .

Semper Fi.

It would cost be cheaper for me to FLY you to seattle, feed and room you and fly you home. Man...I might have to look up what tools I need to do this...

Did this last month by myself

Tools I used......needed

1. Jack and 4 jack stands

2. space heater and old carpet to lay on under the car

3. full metric 3/8" drive socket set ( used mostly 10,12, and 14MM I think)

4. various 3/8 drive extensions and swivels (makes life easy)

5. 3/8" to Half inch drive adapter and 1/2" drive breaker bar (when the going gets tough)

6. torque wrench

7. PB blaster (let soak 30 min, shouldn't break any bolts that way)

8. Oxygen sensor socket ($9.95) would be a PITA without, and some autoparts stores lend them out for free.

9. 14MM deep well socket is a must, all other sockets were standard depth

If you do it yourself, you do not need to jack up the engine, you do not need to remove the intercooler. Some of the writeups on here add a few too many steps!

I took my time, had no problems, and it is absolutely worth it. If you have the time and tools, go for it

If you do it yourself, you do not need to jack up the engine, you do not need to remove the intercooler. Some of the writeups on here add a few too many steps!

I took my time, had no problems, and it is absolutely worth it. If you have the time and tools, go for it

you dont have to remove the ic, but youre going to have a real hard time gettin to the bolts...plus it take literally 2 minutes to take off

same with jacking up the engine, but you should pull out the sensor on the uppipe if you do it this way or else you may damage your valve cover gasket when trying to fudge the pipe out

you dont have to remove the ic, but youre going to have a real hard time gettin to the bolts...plus it take literally 2 minutes to take off

same with jacking up the engine, but you should pull out the sensor on the uppipe if you do it this way or else you may damage your valve cover gasket when trying to fudge the pipe out

I never remove the ic and have no trouble getting to all the bolts with it in place. As for jacking the motor, that seems to vary from car to car for me. Most need the motor jacked up to free the uppipe, but I've had a couple were only a bit of jiggling and cursing got it out.

Archived