LegacyGT.com

LF Pro-Drive exhaust sound clip or Cobb

Bigkahuna808

IM looking at the ProDrive axel back exhuast

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/product_thumb.php?img=images/Prodrive/prodrivelegacytip1.jpg&w=200&h=158

or the Cobb setup anyone got sound clips on how loud these are

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1106_21_25_43&products_id=127? Or any opions on them? Anyone know who stocks the Cobb turbo back or the cat back

thanks found some clips: This is the pro-drive sounds some what loud can anyone confirm this. I do like it though.

ProDrive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgvqBmBX9bU

HKS

This sounds nice too.

The fujitsubo Lagalis Super R

This is the blitz it sounds super roudy and attention drawing for the police.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Br2beh5ww

Prodrives w/ any less restrictive res/Y, such as Perrin or Lachute, will be VERY loud. Dunno how they sound with stock exhaust back to the axle.

The Prodrive Axleback video posted above was my mine. That was with axle-back only and stock piping. I agree the puney 2.25" y pipe is a big restriction, but it flows very well. I now have full crucial system with their coated headers, uppipe, downpipe and midpipe but yet it still stays at a decent decibel. Let me know if you guys need a video of that. Soon I will be going with full 3 inch piping once the swap and new turbo comes along.

-mark

I now have done more and more research on the axel back. I found that they seem to resonate like crazy in the cabin. Can anyone confirm this, or is it just a rumor. I really want to do a flow system for me exhuast, but dont wanna deal with the in cabin resonation and loud sound.

Exhaust systems sound louder inside wagons than sedans, that is a fact.

If you want quiet, you can keep stock mufflers and use aftermarket mid & Y. But I think the mufflers are a big restriction. Search for TDC's pics on stock mufflers, the flow makes 2 180 deg turns (think 2 u-turns) inside the cans.

My '05 GT wagon has an AVO mid/y-pipe with the ProDrives. It does drone, but nothing I consider to be loud or obnoxious. What I like most is the ProDrives look like stock cans yet provide a decent growl without attracting too much attention.

BTW, I was born and raised in East Honolulu before moving to norcal. Luckily, I live close to an L&Ls. Ate there yesterday.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

so on a lound in the cabin scale of 1-10 of course 10 being crazy v8 with flowmasters loud, or vibrating honda rice can loud. I guess the stock mufflers are very poorly desgined for flow.

I am I correct in assuming that the Prodrives are the quietest mufflers on the market? Or are the greddys more quiet. I want it perform, sound nice deep and mild. Gee thats begining to sound like a liquor or cigarette ad.

Cool, where in east Honolulu? I live in Kalihi.

so on a lound in the cabin scale of 1-10 of course 10 being crazy v8 with flowmasters loud, or vibrating honda rice can loud. I guess the stock mufflers are very poorly desgined for flow.

I am I correct in assuming that the Prodrives are the quietest mufflers on the market? Or are the greddys more quiet. I want it perform, sound nice deep and mild. Gee thats begining to sound like a liquor or cigarette ad.

Cool, where in east Honolulu? I live in Kalihi.

If 1 is stock set up and 10 is V8 flowmaster sound, I'd rate Prodrives 3 on stock mid & Y.

I'd estimate a 3.5 given my set up. Yes, you can hear the exhaust more compared to my wife's Passat wagon. However, it's not necessary to speak louder than normal to carry on a conversation.

I grew up in Aina Haina. My wife is from Kalihi. Man I miss Gulick Deli.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

BTW, I initially had the Prodrives mated with the stock mid/y-pipe and was disappointed with the lack of growl. Adding the AVO mid/y-pipe created the level and type of sound I wanted.

Archived