LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT vs 2007 BMW 328xi

Back when I bought the Legacy, I was dead set on buying a 330Xi. One drive in the Leggy and I never thought about the Bimmer again. Sure, the BMW is the nicer car, there's no question. But when factoring in the "fun factor" the Subaru won hands down.

-

Jim

> I have the 5EAT, the beemer has 6spd manual.

For whatever it's worth - Cars are bimmers, motorcycles are beemers (or maybe beamers). Doesn't matter much here, but you'll never get away with that on a BMW board.

-

Jim

I don't think it's the turbo that fails you so much as the stock downpipe can't flow that kind of volume. I promise a Stage 2 car has plenty of life after 85.

true but i still think a 330 will reel my stage 2 in on the highway. just got back from driving in my friends 335. DAMN is it smooth!!!!! and it moves!!! I think i could hold off a 335 from the line for a bit, but thats it. And on the highway i'm sure it would be worse. the 335 really pulls when those 2 lil snails start going. stock lgt no contest. one day we will have to go have some friendly messing around.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

true but i still think a 330 will reel my stage 2 in on the highway. just got back from driving in my friends 335. DAMN is it smooth!!!!! and it moves!!! I think i could hold off a 335 from the line for a bit, but thats it. And on the highway i'm sure it would be worse. the 335 really pulls when those 2 lil snails start going. stock lgt no contest. one day we will have to go have some friendly messing around.

i tend to disagree. car and driver or i think motor trend did a comparo between the 06LGT and an 06328xi. said it was pretty much dead heat compition. i had a little fun with a 330ci on the highway. i'm sure if it escalated further on 5th gear he woulda ate me alive but thru 4th it was pretty even. and that was when i was bone stock.

Archived