LegacyGT.com

Review; 2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring.

Got my new Demo two weeks ago. I actually ordered it special. I got the new Sebring 4D Touring package with everything BUT leather. The car has the world engine 2.4L DOHC V V T engine with a 4 speed auto. The heated cloth seats and the heated/cooled cup holder are great.

1. Gas mileage is superb. With 700 miles on the odo, I am averaging 26.5 MPG.

2. Engine is smooth, slightly noisy but has a refined distant groan on accell. After driving the LGT, it feels very underpowered. If I stay out of the LGT, the engine is adequate.

3. Ride quality= a 10.

4. Interior noise= Probably one of the quietest from the Chrysler group ever.

5. Transmission, very smooth but slow shifts with gob's of torque management.

6. This car gets a "Lack of cubby hole storage award". Packaging in the center console is a bunch of wasted space.

7. Body structure feels like it was carved from a giant stone. A few strange creaks here and there in the cold weather, but the LGT does that too.

8. Wind noise, again, the best Chrysler group vehicle in that area.

9. Excellent headlights, good pattern and great high beams

10. Auto climate system is superb, always blowsthe correct temp and fan speed. Reacts very quickly to cabin air changes.

11. The Boston Acoustic's stereo is surperb.

12. Ingress and egress, very good. Rear seat is spacious for 2, slightly tight for three across.

13. Factory remote start is a nice feature. Too bad you can set the heated seats to come on with auto start.

12. Plastic trim pieces extrude "cheapness" from a visual standpoint. (interior)

13. Paint, and exterior fit and finish is better the the LGT.

14. Brakes, good pedal feel, but stopping is mediocre. (Bridgestone's the cause?)

15. Handling is secure and safe at 6/10ths. If you push it it will understeer and the tireshowl relentlessly. Steering is set on "Numb", but has decent accuracy

Not exactly a threat to Honda and Nissan, but a great car for the Buick buyer. I may order another with the six speed auto and the 3.5 V6. The 4 cyl is def not for an enthuasiast, but it's a great combo for economy. Or, I may wait for the Avenger!

And for the record. Every car magazine states the car is built off a next gen Mitsu platform. Not true. It is built in Sterling Heights and is a Chrysler platform. It is easy to tell a Chrysler paltform from a mitsu just by the type if plating used on chassis fasteners, not to mention the sizes used and over-all unibody construction. If it is true, Mitsu is using DCX's platform.

Yes, mine is pretty loaded up. We only have two base cars out of an inventory of 20 or 30.

Why do car companies sell the fleets "base" cars? You would think the car makers would want to make a good impression to renters???? That makes no sense.

I rented an Impala 2 years ago and hated it. Last year, I rented another but it was an "LTZ" package with leather, sunroof, etc. I really was impressed with that car.

The SUV you were refering to...The Aspen? It's a Durango with a pretty face, and a damn good sticker price. But that name "Aspen". Visions of rotted fenders and slant six 1 barrel carbs taunt me in my sleep!

I would take a Sebring V6 model with 6sp auto + navi anyday over a similar Honda or Toyota.

Give a V6 model a run - fully equipped - leather, navi, V6, 6sp auto, etc etc

I am curious on how that one is.

We don't have any 3.5's with the six speed yet. I'm waiting for the Avenger.This Sebring is really aimed at the retired crowd. A V6 Accord would run circles around one of these, abeit more money too. AND, it's resale would be better.:icon_wink

I stopped buying Americian because I take such a beating when I trade every three years or so. My last Honda, a 1997 Accord, was worth more than my lease payoff was at the end of a 36 month term. I purchased it, then sold it back to the dealer and pocketed $1500.00 bucks!

This is probably the most competitive segment in the sedan market right now. Accord, Altima, and Camry have it wrapped up tight.

Archived