LegacyGT.com

Should I just keep my mouth shut?

Have you informed her that gearboxes run both ways? She may be be under the impression that once you commit to 5th you have to go all the way back to 1st and start all over again. This would more of a concern if she was blonde.

dont mind me i'm just being patronizing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my wife is absolutely a wonderful person...obviously... been married longer

than many of you have lived....

but i call her:

'the War Department'

'the Finance Department'

...and a few others when warranted...

Her favorite on me is: "DUPPA = rearend/hinder in Polish'

and of course: 'Hay Shaker' when she needs to make a statement.....bah!

In my case..."LIFE IS A STRAIGHT ROAD"

Anyone know what the trade in value of a wife is? I hope there isn't too much depreciation.

This is easy to figure out...

Add up all the crap you have...

Then divide it by two...

They subract 100% of that for pain and suffering...

Then add it all back in plus infinity for regaining your sanity.

BTW I am married... Still.

:)

Chicks are from another planet. Unless she sees it on Oprah, you don't have a chance in hell of convincing your wife to use the gearing properly.

another reason to vote for Hillary. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Errands with spouse today. Wifey driving her WRX.

Blah, blah, blah, yada yada. Gets on interstate, kicks in cruise. Blah, blah.

I notice she's in 4th, figure she was distracted with all the talking.

I say "Do you know you're in 4th?"

She says, "yeah, 5th's too high, I don't use it until like 80."

Not performance driving, no need to spool up turbo--we're talking 70mph, 4k rpm, cruise control on.

Do we have a talk, or will I just come off patronizing?

PS--she's very experienced on manuals--I'm thinking her last car was a Civic Si and it did run 4500 rpm at 70 in fifth and that may explain it.

I'm not paying for gas (or the car) but, man it just irks me.

P.

Go easy on her, man. She obviously wants better throttle response and in 4th at those speeds she'll get boost sooner. You gotta love a girl who wants fast response.

If I'm in either of our cars,,I drive.She's a great driver but she stabs the brakes rather then easing into them,drives me friggen nuts lol.

We had one "discussion" about this years ago,I won't go there again:icon_wink That's why I drive evrywhere if we are together.Even long trips.

Like Ed said pick your battles:lol:

Thanks for your responses.

First, I need to let you know she is very experienced (at least 30 years) on manuals, being quite competent in cars, trucks and motorcycles. I never really had anything to complain about.

I did talk to her, and as some of you guys guessed, she finds the torque hypnotic; and just likes the incredibly responsive feel with the turbo already spooled.

I told her she's losing like 4 or 5 mpg, and is causing extra wear on her car. I don't know if she cares about what I think, or even the fuel, but she loves that Rexy more than anything, and said she'll back off a little for its sake.

P.

You have a wife that can drive a stick likes the torque of 4th gear. Also, she is quite competent in cars, motorcycles and trucks. You win in my opinion!! If she decided to shift to 5th and save the engine and gas mileage then that's just gravy.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

One time coming home from a football game I was a little drunk so my wife drove my old wrx. Woke up an hour later and noticed she was cruising at 70 in 4th. I immediately mentioned it to her and she shifted to 5th apologizing. She said engine was so smooth and didn't realize it. Different scenario since yours thinks she is doing the correct thing, but show her this post to set her straight.

Chicks are from another planet. Unless she sees it on Oprah, you don't have a chance in hell of convincing your wife to use the gearing properly.

+1

...reminds me of a commercial on the superbowl last night; went something like this...

"my wife/GF wanted to get a cat and I didn't, so we compromised......we got a cat"

BTW we have two cats now.....

+1

...reminds me of a commercial on the superbowl last night; went something like this...

"my wife/GF wanted to get a cat and I didn't, so we compromised......we got a cat"

BTW we have two cats now.....

Biting my tongue on this one (trying not to talk about the fact that there are probably three cats in the house).

:)

Blah, blah, blah, yada yada. Gets on interstate, kicks in cruise. Blah, blah.

I notice she's in 4th, figure she was distracted with all the talking.

I did talk to her, and as some of you guys guessed, she finds the torque hypnotic; and just likes the incredibly responsive feel with the turbo already spooled.

What kind of responsive feel is she looking for while the cruise is set? You should probably talk to her again.

at least she can drive stick. the gf over here cant.

and any time she has to cross traffic making a left she has to wait until the closest oncoming car is at least a mile away before she even thinks of giving it a go.

Archived