LegacyGT.com

Legacy catalog

for people who didnt know bout this [url]http://accessory.subaru.co.jp/legacy/catalog/index.html[/url] is that a navigation i see?? :o and you can customize legacy...3D graphic style [url]http://accessory.subaru.co.jp/legacy/3d/flash.html[/url] [/url]

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

[quote name='HomerJay']:o How do you say drool in Japanese! I can't believe the things we aren't getting on the car. I think I'm going to wait until they become available. Mainly the Navigation. :x[/quote] Indeed. You can hold your breath, too. There's probably some guy in Japan saying "I can't believe they gave us navigation, instead of that boss-arse 2.5-liter block. I'm going to wait until they become available." :lol: You might be waiting years for Subaru to achieve the aspirational-type marque status here that it has in Japan. The reason that Subaru can offer those sorts of things there, even though they affect the cost of the car for everyone, is precisely because in Japan, Subaru is a desired car. That just isn't the case in the USDM. If you compare what we get, options and equipment-wise to what they get in Japan, you will always be disappointed. If you compare what we get to what we get (really the only useful consideration), that's the most fair evaluation. Now, the demographic/marketing change might happen if Subaru plays it marketing cards precisely right, but you're talking a period of years, not months. By then, who knows what the USDM-specific marketing brigade will have done to the GT. And that Legacy will be significantly more expensive. Further, I'd be willing to be that nav will be packaged with the leather, sunroof, etc, or available as part of the Limited package, as is the case in other markets. This makes for a spendy car that is at least 200 lbs more than a base GT. For me, no thanks. In Germany, for example, nav is a E2000 (Euros, not dollars) option. :o Luckily for me, the GT is coming just the way I like it, first year. No nav, no HIDs, just pure GT in the grand touring style, with not a lot of weight and more than enough power. Someone else's mileage may vary. :D Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']You might be waiting years for Subaru to achieve the aspirational-type marque status here that it has in Japan. The reason that Subaru can offer those sorts of things there, even though they affect the cost of the car for everyone, is precisely because in Japan, Subaru is a desired car. That just isn't the case in the USDM. [/quote] The japanese are just crazy for their techo car gadgets (not matter what the make) I think that's pretty much what it comes down to, wheras Americans would rather use their expendable income on other things.. (like crack, etc...)

[quote name='Tide']I still want a nav, esp for a car I plan on keeping for a while. Most likely I will go aftermarket if its not announced by 2005.[/quote] As Paul Hansen and others have said who actually have experience with the Legacy nav system in the JDM, it is an expensive option that can be bettered in the aftermarket for less money, to boot. Kevin

[quote name='P2x']..he said your grandmother has a hairy mole the size of a melon.. I wouldn't stand for it, personally.[/quote] very funny :lol: not

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

[quote name='shelltox']Nihon koku kudasai. Arigato gozaimas. Great site Thanks ![/quote] Arigato gozaimas means "Thank you very much!" kudasai means please... Nihon is Japan. koku, I don't know. :P Maybe Japan parts please! Or something like that. Definitely a cool site! The 3-d stuff worked well for me, but the other link didn't work well. I got to the site, but then none of the buttons did anything for me. Did that happen to anyone else?

Archived