LegacyGT.com

07' LGT vs. 04' Lotus Elise 2.0 *ON A RACE TRACK*

urs1ne

So my buddy and I thought we would go have some fun and see whos car is faster. The Elise is stock with the touring package (not sport) with 2 big guys in it, and I was in my bone stock Legacy with 2 other big guys and these cars are pretty damn even. I was able to launch on him every time and I would have him until about 80~ mph when he started to catch up and pull away from me. I could run with him on the backstraight but he always had a better gearing than I and could pull away.

Moral of the story, only race an Elise from the line or out of a turn onto the straight and not on the freeway (they will win everytime). :icon_wink

^ n00bs below this line

So, which race track is it that allows passengers?

If thats a real question the answer is any track day or NASA event as long as its during a practice session and not a timed session.

^ n00bs below this line

you need wider stickier tires, so you can keep the speed going through the turns (every mph coming out of the turn is going to be beneficial for you).. oh, and you can "accidentally" lose your catback exhaust, you dont need those 50 lbs of restrictive pipes.
Keefe

There was no 04 Elise in the US. I had an 05 and it was OK. Nathen at TXS also had one.

If it was an 04, it would be a right side driver, with the Rover engine, not the Toyota.

Take off your bumpers and crash bars, then you are getting close to the danger involved in the Lotus. It has no protection at all.

Archived