LegacyGT.com

Big Brakes

PimpFro

You can always learn how to do threshold braking if you are into performance driving.. I am to the point where I just pull out the ABS fuse and not have it when I autox and track the car. In all, a set of better brake pads, possibly some slotted rotors for track use, and brake fluid is all you need. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='highwaydrifter']dont forget the SS lines ;) hey keefe who does the work to your car?[/QUOTE] You are talking to him ;) Ever since I bought my WRX, the car has never been worked other than me.. The last time my WRX saw the dealership was when I signed for the car and took the keys for ownership. And that would be 61,000 miles and 2.5 years of my personal care. I didnt do the clutch work on the car cuz it was still driving fine after 20~30 autox events and about 1000 miles worth of road-track days. For the GT, it will be the same thing. I dont let anyone touch my car unless there is a recall on the car and I would have to bring it back to the dealership. A couple of things I dont do are engine swaps, tranny and engine rebuilds. Usually because most of that stuff can be time consuming to the point that the car needs to be out of commission for more than 2 days. If I can it done in a weekend by myself with all handtools, I'll do it. Keefe
Keefe

Archived