LegacyGT.com

Hypothetical suspesion question

C_randyjones

So, I would love to have more ground clearance (I know should have gotten the forester or outback but I didnt and I cant change it now). Anyone know what would happen or iff it is possible to get outback sedan springs or spring/strut combo to put on my LGT. I am very jealous of the quoted 8.4 inch ground clearance on the outback sedan!

if you bought all the different suspension parts from an OB, they should bolt right up to your LGT. There's gonna be alot of parts and alot of time involved in doing the swap... but it is possible to do

off the top of my head:

brake lines

springs

shocks

control arms

lots of bushings

there's more but i'm blanking

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I had lift springs for a Forester previously that raised the car about 1 inch on stock struts, handling of coarse not quite as good, but no issues with brakelines...etc. But I cant find any lift springs (as you might imagine) for the LGT.

Again it really is just hypothetical, doubt I will do anything complicated. If it were as simple as taller springs I may go for it.

If you raised the rear of the LGT, wouldn't you end up with positive camber?

Boostjunkie is putting together some coilovers for the OB. He seems to have optimized it more for sport+comfort then for pure sport so it might be a good option for the LGT. He already installed it on an LGT and said that at the lowest setting, the coilovers will put the LGT back to stock height which means you could raise it from there.

I would still be concerned about having positive camber in the rear. You would need some kind of aftermarket adjustable link to change it.

I think you guys wanting to raise your LGT's are nuts :lol:, but my new OB coilovers will definately fit the bill for you. I wouldn't raise the car too much for fear of inducing positive camber in the rear wheels as mentioned by other posters. About a 1" raise should be ok, anything more than that and I would recommend adjustable lateral links to correct camber.

1" might be too much. 1" down brings the camber in rear to ~ -1. I would guess 1" up would make +1, I think the camber is close to neutral on stock height...

Archived