LegacyGT.com

Dont Buy From Bill Kolb!!!!!

I bought a car from Bill Kolb Subaru in NY and it has been nothing but problems.

I brought the car in for a window air leak in my driver rear door and a rattle in the driver door.

I was so nice to everyone kissing there ass and what not.

They decided to play with the rattle, they said they fixed it but when i got the car back it was worst and they played stupid with me saying they cant hear it.

They gave me the car back and the rear window didnt move up and down.

I brought it back once again. they messed up the window so it didnt align in the door properly and it leaked worst.

they brought in the rep and he said try to align the doors and change the weather stripping.

then they changed the weather stripping because they thought that was the problem.

then they broke the upper molding about the driver door trying to align the doors

they completely messed the door alignment up and the window alignment.

i went there 13 times until they brought it to their body shop who also said there is nothing wrong with the car. they tried to align the doors once again and messed them up.

so now im stuck with an air/water leak on the whole left side of my car.

i got kicked out of the dealership for giving them an attitude, they said they were going to call the cops on me so i just left.

i called and complained to subuaru about the dealership

i ended up talking to bill kolb himself today and thinking he might be a nice person and try to help me out. he accuses me of crashing the car on the left side and giving them a problem. so i pretty much called him a scumbag and insulted the way he works and does business. so he kicked me out of his dealership for good

so now im stuck with an air leak and a water leak on the left side of my car, the windows dont align properly, and the doors dont align properly.

not all my events in between are posted, pretty much going there 40 min drive both ways 13 times to drop off the car and then again to pick it up and each time they played with the window and made it a little worst.

anybody have any suggestions on how to get my car fixed?

maybe suggestions on who to write a letter to?

or speak to of a higher status who can help me.

thank you very much

DONT BUY FROM THEM!

those of you thinking of buying from them, go somewhere else like liberty or ramsey subaru, it will be the biggest mistake of your life. they give you a survey at the dealership and they show you how to fill it out to make them look good and they tell you that you will get one in the mail soon and to fill it out the same way or not to fill it out if you have something bad to say.

did you contact the better biz bureau? 13 times seems like it's bordering on lewon law territory.

anybody u know in the bodyshop biz?? maybe a 2nd opinion would help.

the bad part for you is now when you call SOA, they're goning to have his side of the story and not yours, and may not be very helpful...

good luck...

Go to NASIOC, and search Bill Kolb. You will find tons of horror stories. The most of any Subaru Dealerships. Keep on SOA, file complaints with the BBB, and look into the Attorney General.

Anybody got anything else to help this guy.

Post this on the OT at NASIOC and try to get them on top of it. They are pretty good at making peoples lives hell, or businesses.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Luckily I was warned about BKJ before I bought my Legacy. I think you'll be SOL with SOA. I can't believe they let him keep the stealership with all the complaints they must have. I think your best bet is the Attorney General. Give them a call and ask how you should proceed. They got results for my sister-in-law with Ford and Pontiac. If you have reciepts from most if not all of your 13 visits, I think they will be able to pressure SOA to do right by you.

Good Luck

OH dude, I've had MAJOR MAJOR problems with Bill Crook & his crooked dealship. He's a complete scumbag!!

Email Gina Holwell @ SOA ghol@subaru.com

She took care of my problems with them. She was very helpful & she has a running case on them

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Where do you live? I can recommend a body shop in the area nearby. It would be interesting if they could fix it. Then you can turn around & make a case against Kolb.

They did the same BS to me with the survey. I told them OK & then filled it out completely negative & told SOA they asked me to fill it out positive despite their crappy service. Then..... Kolb contacted me & asked me if I'd take another survey with positive feedback this time. I told them absolutely not & then contacted SOA again & a case was started. I think the "case" just keeps them on the SOA watchlist until they do something really bad that warrants them being shut down or something.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

^^or "shame on you" with Arnold Diaz or something like that

DO IT!! Please for the love of God DO IT!! I'd love to see those assholes on one of these expose's

I had problems with my window, front right, and the dealer made it worse and worse. They had it adjusted so far out that it was visually outside the a-pillar. I wrote SOA and the rep contacted me. He fixed it in 10 minutes. That sucks that you rep was not responsive. Are you sure he was the rep and not just someone from the dealer they said was your rep? Try to get in direct contact with your rep through SOA.

Peace,

Greg

Are you sure he was the rep and not just someone from the dealer they said was your rep? Try to get in direct contact with your rep through SOA.

I wouldn't put it past Kolb to pull a scumbag move like that.

Dude, email the rep I gave you a few posts back. She's really good at helping the situation.

check this out, Jedi posted this a while back

AUTO DEALER CITED FOR SELLING "EDDIE BAUER" LOOK-A-LIKES

Spitzer Settles Case Involves False Advertising and Deceptive Claims

Attorney General Eliot Spitzer today announced that a Rockland County auto dealer will pay restitution and civil penalties to settle allegations that it deceived consumers into thinking they were purchasing top-of-the-line sports utility vehicles. The settlement also covers allegations of false advertising by the dealership.

Bill Kolb Jr. Ford falsely advertised and sold "EB2000" model Ford Expeditions that copied the outwardly distinctive characteristics of the "Eddie Bauer" version without providing many other features which make the model desirable.

"My office is aggressively combating the many unscrupulous business tactics of auto dealers throughout the state," Spitzer said. "Dubious practices such as those discovered in this case continue to blemish the reputation of auto dealers everywhere."

The Eddie Bauer model is generally considered to be the "top-of-the-line" version of the Ford Expedition, with many standard features that are expensive options on the XL and XLT models. These include: a larger engine, leather interior, fog lamps, a captain's chair, tan trim on the doors and fenders, a higher quality sound system, illuminated running boards, and the Eddie Bauer logo affixed to the seats, fender, and tailgate.

Since 1999, Bill Kolb Jr. Ford has been advertising and selling Ford Expeditions under the name "EB 2000." These vehicles had certain dealer add-ons, such a tan striping scheme, tan wheel fender flares and an EB2000 logo, which mimicked the actual Eddie Bauer model manufactured by Ford. However, these vehicles were not authentic Eddie Bauer models and lacked many features of the authentic version.

In settling the case, Bill Kolb Jr. Ford agreed to cease marketing and selling "EB2000" or "EB2001" Expeditions.

Spitzer's office also forced Kolb to discontinue other objectionable advertising practices including:

Promising a "30 Day Money Back Guarantee" which was contradicted in fine print by restrictions on the mileage of the vehicle and the fact that the guarantee would only be given as a credit toward the purchase of another vehicle;

Advertising specific "deep discount" prices in large, bold print without adequately disclosing that an additional $5,000 down payment is required;

Comparing sale prices of used cars to the original manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the vehicles when they were new; and

Advertising used vehicles for sale at specific prices in a manner that left consumers unable to identify the specific vehicles that were the subject of the advertised offer.

Bill Kolb Jr. Ford also will pay restitution to consumers who were duped into buying EB2000 Expeditions and will pay $10,000 to the state in civil penalties and costs.

Individuals with complaints about auto dealers are encouraged to contact the Attorney General's consumer help line at (800) 771-7755.

This case was handled by Assistant Attorney General Doris K. Morin of the Westchester Regional Office under the supervision of Assistant Attorney General In Charge Gary Brown.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21408&highlight=kolb

^^that's the link to the Kolb problems thread. Notice the only one saying they're good was Carman & he got rid of his car.

I'll say i bought mine at Bill kolb and got a decent deal. However, absedon teh way they prepped the car, i'm gald i never intended to use them for service. I'll also say i used the internet guy who was ok, and given the exchanges I heard by the regular floor salesman and management, I'd never buy from there if i walked in off the street, and probably will never go back.

Frankly i only wound up there because they had the color and trim level i wanted and quoted me a good price.

^^or "shame on you" with Arnold Diaz or something like that

DO IT!! Please for the love of God DO IT!! I'd love to see those assholes on one of these expose's

What he said. Make sure you have all your paper work in order an call an attorney. How the hell could you have misaligned your door, WTF. I can't believe some of these stories. :icon_mad:

Good luck.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

My window was outside the weather stripping and almost flush with the a-pillar. It looked like the window would fall out of the car. I was sure the track and everything was a mess. The tech working on the car had adjusted the upper stop too high. Because of the window track the window comes up and forward. The rep had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. What I am trying to say is it may not be that bad. You just need to get a good Subbie tech.

Unless they crashed your car without you knowing, what ever adjustment they screwed up can be fixed.

Peace,

Greg

I can't believe this dealership is still in Business.. We should have a meet right outside Bill Kolb Subaru and carry protest signs while we check each others rides out :)

:lol: man I'd be SO in for that. We'll prob all get arrested though

My window was outside the weather stripping and almost flush with the a-pillar. It looked like the window would fall out of the car. I was sure the track and everything was a mess. The tech working on the car had adjusted the upper stop too high. Because of the window track the window comes up and forward. The rep had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. What I am trying to say is it may not be that bad. You just need to get a good Subbie tech.

Unless they crashed your car without you knowing, what ever adjustment they screwed up can be fixed.

Peace,

Greg

i had the same problem with the window...one time they adjusted it so high up the window didnt move up and down for some reason. so they gave it back to me so that i could still see in the car and it didnt move up and down. they are stupid over there they need some better techs maybe idk wht there problem is and better customer service because darlene is a very nasty woman.

better customer service because darlene is a very nasty woman.

Darlene just started there when I was having problems with them. She was kissing my ass. I guess she's gotten worn down. :lol:

The only good thing about that place is the hot little big titty blonde girl & that cute brunette with the big cans :lol:

Not to make light of your situation. They are complete assholes

Aren't they in the NE dealership deal?? I forget the details.As in they can kinda do what they want no matter what SOA says.

Maybe I'm wrong but I know there is some difference between NE dealers and mine.If not he must be doing one hell of a volume of Subarus fr SOA to let this go on fr so long.

Somebody that knows bring me up to date please:)

ps I didn't read the other Bill Kolb post.

Archived