LegacyGT.com

AP and misfires

canis

I'm running Stage 1 93 Oct. on an 05 LGT MT. Lately I've been getting a lot of CELs. Usually it's 0302 (cylinder 2 misfire), but it's also been 0304 a couple times. I've gotten the CELs before (every 400 miles or so), but it seemed to be attributed to the AP when cruising on the highway. Now it happens every 15 miles in town.

1. I switched the real time map to "married stock" to see if it was the car or the Access Port, but the AP still reads "Stage 1 93" ?

2. The car is no longer under warranty (37k), so I'm hesitant to bring it in. Bad injectors seem to be a common problem on the board. Where's a good place to get them and how much are they? If it's relatively cheap and simple, I may just replace all 4 with the "new style" and see if that helps. If not, I'll bring it in and have them do compression.

1. A real time map switch will not show up on the AP. It will only show the current base map loaded on the ECU. If you flashed a married stock reatime to the ecu... it's there... even if the AP doesn't show it.

2. I can't help you there.... either a plug, coil, injector, or compression issue.

My most recent CEL was 0301 and 0304. I can't really swap parts, because I've gotten codes for all four cylinders. There is no noticeable difference in the way the car handles. It's got a very slight shudder at idle (attributed to the boxer design), but otherwise seems to run normally.

Could my spark plugs be bad at 37k? I had AutoZone pull the codes to see if they could provide any additional info, but they just told me cylinder misfire, which I already knew.

What should be my next course of action: 1) new plugs; 2) new injectors, or; 3)bring it to the dealer?

Would this not be covered under the 5/60,000 powertrain? I would unmarry the Accessport and drive it to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

Oh boy now you've done it wait till the do gooders hammer you for this one.......

I have been having miss fires since Dec when it started getting cold. Not sure if its the plugs, or the injectors are too big to have a clean idle when cold. Or hopefully I don't have a more expensive issue(fingers crossed).

With this, my ticket, a miss behaving SMC alcohol pump, and scare about KW coilovers breaking. Having a modified car has not been fun lately.

The whole code throwing thing has been more frequent since it's gotten cold.

I didn't realize powertrain was 5yr/60k - that would be great.

I've been running the "married stock" map for some time now, and have still gotten codes. What would be the difference with this and unmarrying that would potentially cause the problems?

If the powertrain is still under warranty, I'll bring it in and see what they say.

Archived