LegacyGT.com

Brand Perception

this was on 60 Minutes on Sunday.

here was my takeaway and personal opinion - Domestics get a bad rap for quality (some deservedly so). Until their resale value is on par with Toyota and Honda, I'm not personally going to buy one again.

-----------

my own anecdotal evidence about resale:

2002 Jeep Wrangler - bought for $26k and used for 30k miles over two years. sold for $15200.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon - bought for $28k and used for 34k miles over two years. sold for $20k.

2003 Subaru WRX wagon. Bought for $24k and used for 30k miles over two years. sold for $18k.

1998 Honda Accord - Bought for $25k and used for 33k miles over two years. Sold for $19500.

--------

One of these things is not like the others :lol:

this was on 60 Minutes on Sunday.

1998 Honda Accord - Bought for $25k and used for 33k miles over two years. Sold for $19500.

One of these things is not like the others :lol:

Best I ever did was on a Honda A-bored as well. I couldn't take the pain anymore and sold it after 1yr/13k mi. Got back about 94% of value and could have easily gotten more!

I actually liked my Accord. I sold it for financial reasons - I'd started over in a new career and needed a beater for a year or two. Had the car had a 5sp instead of 4A, I might have tried to make it work however. I just knew I didn't want it longterm because of the POS transmission.

old digital pics I had for the for sale ad after putting it back to stock (it had a killer stereo and suspension work on it)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/MVC-0001.jpg

Archived