LegacyGT.com

funny story...

So today in Economics class we were talking about some elasticity crap, and so I raise my hand and ask something about "In the car market do car comparies use different trims and stuff to be elastic for different buyers?", and my teacher is like "Yeah, I'll give you an example...give me a name of a car?" and of course I say "Subaru!", then she asks "Someone give me a car similar to Subaru?".....and noone could think of anything.....so like 5 mins of pure silence go buy and noone can compare a Subaru to anything cuz half the kids probally don't know what a Subaru is cuz their so rare in Texas, and then one jerk-off yells out "Hyundai!" and I yell back "Hell No more like Mercedes!"....lol pissed sum kids off since half them own mercedes....

...its actually not that funny, just a story....haha

I filled out a survey Subaru sent me and one of the questions was "What kind of car do you think relates closest to Subarus?"

And out of the selection I picked Audi, though it was a tough choice and I still didn't feel right about it afterwards.

I'd put it between a Volks and an Audi, but with more reliability.

Btw I don't think different trim lines are a good example of price elasticity, since the price isn't the only thing that changes - the actual value of the car changes as well (e.g. turbo vs. NA).

A better example would be gas prices, since the price of a given product (grade and brand) can fluctuate over time, but the quality of the product generally is pretty constant (we'll ignore winter vs. summer gas for the sake of discussion). A gallon of 93 that cost three bucks last summer was no better than a gallon of 93 that costs $2.50 from the same station today - only the price changed (again, ignoring summer vs. winter for the sake of discussion (and because most consumers don't know or care)).

You're three feet tall?

Got nothing to do w/ how tall he is, more to do with angle of punch, stance that he's throwing the punch from and the position of the "nuts" he's punching.

Oh yeah, I'd have to agree with bu11dogg too!!

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Guest Gitster
:lol: subaru + saab = Saabaru, yes! thats it, saabaru!!!!

Yeah i already formulated that in my head the first time I saw an Impreza 9-2X, hood scoop and all. I didnt get it, I was like nice Saabaru!!

So today in Economics class we were talking about some elasticity crap, and so I raise my hand and ask something about "In the car market do car comparies use different trims and stuff to be elastic for different buyers?"

Pretty much proves you weren't paying attention in class, doesn't it?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I filled out a survey Subaru sent me and one of the questions was "What kind of car do you think relates closest to Subarus?"

And out of the selection I picked Audi, though it was a tough choice and I still didn't feel right about it afterwards.

I'd put it between a Volks and an Audi, but with more reliability.

I would have said Mazda....Both cars are poorly marketed!!!!!

Archived