LegacyGT.com

GAH! When will see 2006 info???

SchnellerGT

June July August you will start seeing information appearing for the MY06 for delivery September '05. Subaru have moved away from installing sunroofs in the WRX but have come back into vogue for the GT. Unsure if Subaru will offer the roof in any other model than the GT but who knows between now and then. Unsure why you wouldnt want leather but if you have a chat to your dealer, you maybe be able to swing a deal. Adam.

You can have an aftermarket sunroof done. Dealers have places that do it but of course its not factory fit and finish. I highly doubt Subaru will offer a gt moonroof non limited legacy in 06. We start getting 06 info in spring or so it depends on the model and if drastic or minor changes are coming.

2017 F150 Platinum EB

2009 SWP Spec B

Subaru originally claimed that the "safety cage" design of the new ('02) Impreza made it impossible to install a sunroof, however I believe it is now an option on some Impreza models. With regard to getting a factory sunroof on a non-LTD Leg, don't hold your breath. I had a '97 GT without a sunroof, and when they introduced the LTD in '98, leather and a sunroof were pretty much all that distinguished it from a normal GT. Come to think of it, that's really all that distinguishes it even today. Point being, as long as they are commited to making the LTD, I don't think you'll see the sunroof option split out of that package. Why, may I ask, are you so averse to leather?

[quote name='Timmayy']Why, may I ask, are you so averse to leather?[/QUOTE] Don't know about him but I read in another post that the leather doesn't hold you in as well as cloth; on sharp turns you'll find yourself sliding around. Also it gets uncomfortably hot in the summer.

[quote name='Xee']Don't know about him but I read in another post that the leather doesn't hold you in as well as cloth; on sharp turns you'll find yourself sliding around. Also it gets uncomfortably hot in the summer.[/QUOTE] :D If your relying on the seat fabric to hold you in the seat...you might want to try something else...like the seatbelt! :LOL: ...and all through the summer here (Florida) my seats never got hot enough to be uncomfortable. :D

i did not want leather because this is my work car and lather rips to easily, wars faster, and costs a lot more to fix: but i wanted a sun roof too...just couldn't wait...heh, still know regrets, i guess there was a study done and it turns out: you drive better when you look through the window in front of you :D...seriously i would have never used it, and the car is quieter with out it.

dv8ingvector, my MY01 has leather and is my daily driver and there is no wear on my drivers seat at all. Granted Im not a big man at all but you serioulsy shouldnt have any issues with the leather. If you were in a M, well that would be a different story altogether. Best of luck with the outcome. Adam.

I know that the leather in some much higher priced cars is very soft and prone to tearing with carelessness, but the leather Subaru, and most cars in this price range for that matter, uses is not exactly Connelly Hide, so it pretty tough and has very good durability. I'm not worried about wearing it out.

Archived