LegacyGT.com

Tired of an EVO drivin' co-worker!!

My co-worker who drives an '06 EVO talked way too much smack today and it's time to shut him up. Before I post my question, I did search but there is just too much information to sift through quickly.

I just bought an '07 LGT and I need to know what mods I need to do to beat this guy (at the track of course). Will I be able to at least give him a run for his money if I go to Stage 2 (AP and DP)? He has a catback and a flash.

I'm not made of money but I am pissed enough to spend what I have to and make this happen. BTW, because of the RSX thread that is posted on here, he has started calling me LEGO!! It's ON!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ehh..well he started out with about 35 more hp than you, figure at least another 15-40 probably depending on what kind of tune he got. My guess until other more wise people chime in..stg 2 with catless up/dp, flash and maybe you'll be closer. A lot of it will depend on the drier of course, but having a hp advantage always helps.

Even at Stage 2 (which is not yet possible on 07), a stage 1 EVO is going to be tough to beat on a track. The EVO is a track car. The LGT is a daily driver. It's going to be tough unless you are a primo driver.

Accept the fact that he has a faster car. It's true.

It's odd that he's picking on a LGT. That's like saying the LGT is faster than a Mitsubishi Outlander. That MIVEC V6 is NOTHING!!!

BTW, are you sure he only has a catback? If he has a turboback and a flash, it will be impossible without changing your turbo.

a good stage 2 93 w/protune will give you about 260whp 295wtq if you need more than that you better get your wallet out cause your headed for big turbo country. :lol: bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

I drove my friends 05 EVO: Works Flash, High Flow Cat + CBE and that thing is fast but I think the STi stock can take him.

But I don't know why he's picking on the LGT. Maybe cuz he knows it's not as fast as the EVO. But if you go stage 2, maybe you can take him.

Take him to the rsx thread you shared with everyone and show him my video with the EVO i raced. Granted i am stage 2 plus and the evo didnt have much if anything done but it should prove your point. The video is on page 10

Just saw that video. Looked like you had a good jump on him. LIke you said in th forum, wasn't much of a driver. But looked like he couldn't catch up anyways. Good to know that I can make my car faster than an EVO.

AVO550 + supporting mods = empty wallet

fixored:icon_wink

If you're gonna get near him on the track, suspension/tire upgrades are just as important as power. Learn how to launch a well setup suspension, and beat him by cutting a good light. Otherwise, it'll just cost too much to hang with the smaller, lighter, equally powerful AWD car.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

yeah.... w/ stage 2 and suspension mods including tires you may be able to hang if you're a good driver. But what you really need to do if find someone on the board with a big turbo and heavy duty suspension mods to show him that you can have the best of both the track and the daily driver worlds in the LGT (don't mention the 8 -10 grand later part)...

Did this guy come from Tampa?

Did he used to have a SRT-4?

Does he want his check?

I am assuming the track you are referring to is the drag strip.....if so it will take a little bit more than a stage II protuned car to match him acceleration wise;)

If were talking a roadcoarse......Fuggetaboutit

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Just walk up and b**ch slap the guy and say "Yep your little car may be faster--but your still my b**ch."

Saves you alot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on your car.

Remember it takes 48 mussels in your face to frown but only 5 to reach up and slap the guy whos pissing you off.

Just walk up and b**ch slap the guy and say "Yep your little car may be faster--but your still my b**ch."

Remeber it takes 48 mussels in your face to frwon but only 5 to reach up and slap the guy whos pissing you off.

+1

i like your style.

Remeber it takes 48 mussels in your face to frwon but only 5 to reach up and slap the guy whos pissing you off.

NICE! I think I'm with you on this one! Seems like the easiest and cheapest way to remedy the situation!

I know the EVO starts out as a faster car but I also thought that the LGT had a "slightly detuned version of the STi motor" (as someone put it). I know the turbo is different also but I thought I could hang with an STi turbo swap, AP, and DP. BTW, I'm talking about straight line acceleration, quarter mile time, etc. I don't even want to get into talking about road course races with this guy 'cause that WILL cost me a lot of money! I guess I should just be happy with my heated seats and cruise control...

i take it your a MT and not the Auto?

look into sticker tires and at least some springs to keep you grounded. if your doing a 1/4 mile run you want to get some grip and keep your tires on the ground at take off. stock tires/suspension + stage 2 power = lots of lift and lost traction on take off.

*yawn* another "my dick is bigger than your dick" story

mine is bigger than yours though dude

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived