LegacyGT.com

05' Lgt Eat

Uvm_Sam

Whats up guys? I am posting because i am in the process of negotiating for an 05' LGT limitied with an auto transmission in Mass. The car has 25,000 miles on it and seems to be in good condition, the internet price is 21,995 and i have offered them 19K, I was hoping to get some replies as to what people who have recently bought this car have paid and if 19K seems like a fair price, I would like to join the club, buy the car, asap and it seems that there arent many other options out there.

Thanks guys

Ahhh, why dont these dealers want to make a deal? He countered with $20,995??? This is as low as they are willing to go, what does winter have to do with it? Higher prices because its a winter car? This is so frustrating, i want this car but am not willing to get ripped off, I offered 19,500 just for the sake of making a deal and they were unwilling to deal, everyone on this site believes that the car should be priced so much lower than i have seen. AHAHAHAHAHAH

got them down to 20k, apparently (250) below cost.....hahaha, right..... I am going to go take a look at it this weekend, Clay Subaru in Norwood Mass. this deal is the lowest ive been able to find and i will be tempted. The guy kept saying something about guranteed trade in program??? sounds like b.s. I dont care where the car came from really, i just want it for 19K however i dont think hell come down past 20?

Just carfaxed it, the car is clean of any damages, flood, frame etc... although it has had 2 owners, the car was originally a fleet vehicle for the first 10k then bought and eventually sold at auction at 25K miles.....hmmmm can i use this information as leverage? should this raise any red flags? I've heard mixed results about fleet vehicles...

Lot of posts on this forum about "don't pay more that $x", etc., but the fact is that a used car is not really a commodity as much as new ones are. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the car you really want and if you do find one, you pretty much have to pay what the dealer is willling to go down to or walk away and not get that car. Your choice. Sometimes getting that car is the better option.

Listen....

this is NH not VA.

AWD cars are like gold up here in the winter.

stick to your guns on 19,500 and DONT BACK DOWN!!!

when The car sits on their lot for another week they will beg you to buy it.

If you're not in a rush to buy, shop around. Trust me, you will save much $$$

It took me 4 weeks to pull the trigger and I got my 05 brand new for 22k in 05.

just be patient, I know, I used to work at a dealership.

Call them today, restate your 19.5k offer and leave it up to them to contact you.

They will either budge, and meet your price, or the car will sell. either way your better off.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

or the car will sell. either way your better off.
If it sells and he really wanted that car, then he's not better off. If it's OK for him to lose that car, then I agree with you. I was in the position last September of wanting a particular car at a dealer (no others around that I wanted, I needed a car soon, and I was too busy to travel to see cars), so I essentially had to pay the dealer's price after the requisite lower offer and he split the difference. If I had been willing to lose the car, I could have probably gotten it for less (or not).

you guys are right about there not being many options around up here, this is the color and has the options i want, silver, spoiler, tints, black interior etc....and i guess that i am willing to pay that extra 500 just to get the deal done! We settled at 20k after i turned down 20,500 and they turned down my 19,500 offer, this is already 2k off the internet price, so i feel like they were at least willing to work with me, and this was all over multiple phone calls. When it comes down to it I would really like to buy it now and am gona go look at it this weekend, ill be sure to post up pics and let you guys know how it goes.

Sorry, but what if anything should i know when walking into the dealer, any gimiics or hidden fees they might try and throw at me? What should i look for when checking out the car, take it to a mechanic? Can I take it to a mechanic after i buy it and return the car if he says it got flaws, the dealer is about 3 or 4 hours from home so I dont know any in the area. THis is the first car Ill have bought, and will be paying it off for awhile, so I would like to know I did everything right.

Thanks!!

Archived