LegacyGT.com

Pink Sti Springs, feel & height

MtnSub

There have been many talking about GT Suspension being a bit too comfy, or mushy or too much body roll, even if body roll does not actually reduce cornering perf. ApexJapan and gtguy have said to go slow, with better tires being first handling upgrade, but even these guys seem to be leaning towards the idea that the LGT may be a bit undersprung. Xenonk noted that underbody front brace that gtguy liked on his WRX already existed for us, in its own form on the GT. gtguy even guessed that sti pink springs "may" be the right balance for GTs existing suspension, but would wait to for a pioneer to report results or wit for Suby to bless. For my taste, I know that I enjoyed both of my BMWs more with upgraded suspensions for non-race, street driving and road trips. Corners were just more fun and felt better and no floaty feel over humps in the road. (Eibachs on first car and even better was the BMW sport suspension pack on last car.) I suppose my questions can't be answered till we have someone report on pink spring experience, but my issues are as follows. 1. I do not want to reduce ride height, or as little as possible. Sounds like sti springs may only lower 15 mm. I know some want much more. Would the 15 mm lower be a problem running 18/225/40 setup? 2. Assuming the sti springs are suited to existing strut/shocks, would dampeners be needed to complete the effort to reduce roll and soft feel? I like the idea of doing as little as possible and not making a radical change in ride or creating nasty bump steer. Swaybars sound like they may not be needed or maybe a smaller front bar if anything. Since I hope I am trading in my LGT in a couple years on a Sti/LGT, I want to do as little as posible to my LGT that arrives next month.

i think the STi springs lower somewhere around 20mm, from what i've heard, which is fine with me. actually, i'd like it a little lower than that, but that's just me. i don't think you'd have any troubles rubbing with the 225/40/18s, unless your offset is way wrong. i'm waiting on some Eibachs or H&Rs myself. whatever will lower around an inch or so all around. i suppose that's all one can really do at this point, unless you want to pay out the nose for some JDM import products.

Archived