LegacyGT.com

LGT will fit. The rears are all the same geometry -2.5i, sedan , wagon, H6, GT, OB....

Lots of issues with aftermarket rear bars bending the mounts, however. Varying opinions on why this is.

So I went with the Subie JDM 20mm hollow bar, about equivalent to a 18mm solid. After having run an USDM 16mm LGT bar for a while (our 2.5i LOBW bar was 15mm).

Search in the brakes & suspension forum. Read, think, decide.

25mm is a lot, especially if solid... I assume it's hollow.

What other mods do you have?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I don't seem to have a problem, maybe I don't drive as hard as you guys. I am happy with my OBXT's performance and handling. What effect does upgrading this do to offroading abilities? I don't go mudding necasserily, but I do go camping and tubing on mountains and sometimes the trails are rough.

thanks hope yeah all the ones that i seem to find are for the LGT and i need to do something about the swaying it is horrible i really found that out last night. cobb only has a lgt one that i could find

Henry, if you want, let me know and we'll meet up. You can take a look at my Cobb RSB. If you want one, have Mike order one on the 23rd so you get the discount. will take us 45 mins to do the install! :)

have COBB endlinks to install on mine as well, not really needed, but i'm sure they will stiffen it up a tad more. Phil got those for my birthday so those will be going into the car soon. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

yeah maybe i can take a look at it on outlaw night, for mods right now the car is stock i want to up grade suspension before power, i am looking at getting a rear sway bar better front sway bar different control arms and endlings also looking at getting a front tower bar, as for power mods i am looking into doing an sti converions with the sti turbo and intercooler then doing a perrin up,downpipe and a full catback even looking into ording a jdm bumper just for the cutouts. also about the cobb rear sway bar it says on there website that this will not fit the outback xt have you guys who have found this to be untrue

They do not Guarantee that it will fit as they have not tested it directly on an Outback, but it does fit.

The front one will not fit.

Prime Power: It will affect the off-road abilities of the car somewhat. What the sway bar is remove some of the independance from the wheels. I don't think you'd have a problem, but if you like the car now as is, you might aw well leave it :)

do you have one on your car or have you installed one on the outback how easy was the fit

yeah maybe i can take a look at it on outlaw night, for mods right now the car is stock i want to up grade suspension before power, i am looking at getting a rear sway bar better front sway bar different control arms and endlings also looking at getting a front tower bar, as for power mods i am looking into doing an sti converions with the sti turbo and intercooler then doing a perrin up,downpipe and a full catback even looking into ording a jdm bumper just for the cutouts. also about the cobb rear sway bar it says on there website that this will not fit the outback xt have you guys who have found this to be untrue

Henry, you can take a look at my LGT at Outlaw night. it'll be showcased as I'll have the STI swap done and now have an SPT CBE sitting in the garage to go in if i can get a shop to fix one muffler to a right muffler. guess they sent 2 left mufflers and SPT didn't want it back, so they said if i can get it fixed at a muffler shop it's mine. if not.... well.... order a right muffler i guess. LOL

you can take a look at the front strut tower brace i have too (ebay special) and it works great. the Cobb RSB will be on and hopefully we'll get the Cobb endlinks on the car this weekend too. Not sure on the exhaust....

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I have COBB on front and rear. Love em! Cobb also supplies reinforcements and the rear have grease fittings,I.E. end of squeaks!:) LGT Wagon
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I don't seem to have a problem, ....but I do go camping and tubing on mountains and sometimes the trails are rough.

If the ride & handling are OK with you, I'd suggest doing nothing with the sway bars - stiffer ones do decrease the suspension's independent qualities.

I found that as delivered, the understeer was unacceptable. Upgtrading to an LGT 16 mm was a subtle-but-significant improvement, and the 20mm hollow bar, a major improvement.

Unfortunately, most Outbacks never see gravel.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

If the ride & handling are OK with you, I'd suggest doing nothing with the sway bars - stiffer ones do decrease the suspension's independent qualities.

I found that as delivered, the understeer was unacceptable. Upgtrading to an LGT 16 mm was a subtle-but-significant improvement, and the 20mm hollow bar, a major improvement.

Just remember that a stiffer rear bar DECREASES front traction. Stiffer F&R increases traction at BOTH ends of the car. not to mention maintaining tire patch . The net result with F&R bars is that you get more GEEs, and a significantly greater cornering force than just adding/substituting stiffer springs.

Don't believe me/ Check Whiteline tests

Not to mention that lowering a McPherson strut car makes it even more prone to body roll, therefore you have to increase the spring rate to prevent body roll, therefore degrading ride and so on.(or get into the suspension bit business)

This is why I am a fan of F&R bars. They don't change geometry and they have the least impact on ride, and they work better than springs on back roads. Sure, when you exit an apex, and pull throttle, a springed car will beat you. But if you want a race car, build a race car (or buy a Porsche).:icon_mrgr

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I'll limit myself to LOB non-turbo...

Just remember that a stiffer rear bar DECREASES front traction. ...

In general, not true. Read my post. Mine used to understeer horribly. Now it just understeers.

...Stiffer F&R increases traction at BOTH ends of the car. not to mention maintaining tire patch . The net result with F&R bars is that you get more GEEs, and a significantly greater cornering force than just adding/substituting stiffer springs....

Again, depends on the geometry. Reducing roll, as you point out, to reduce the effects of bad suspension geometry is a plus. But doubling the roll stiffness at both ends of a USDM LOB 2.5i would, I believe, still produce an understeering pig.

...This is why I am a fan of F&R bars.

Hey, so am I - at least when the car was somewhere near well-balanced to begin with. When it's as far off as current USDM LOBs are now (our '98 was not nearly so bad), the lack of balance must be addressed. Recall that most f/r sets increase rear stiffness a lot more than front.

...They don't change geometry and they have the least impact on ride, and they work better than springs on back roads....

If you're referring to rough roads, I'll have to categorically disagree. If smooth, depends.

Archived