LegacyGT.com

Make sure you get the "Dry cabin" option!

arnox

There is already a thread about this someplace on this site. However, I wanted to raise awareness about this problem, because many people may have the problem and not know about it. A few days ago, I purchased a couple of oil filters for my 2.5GTW and I tossed them on the floor, in front of the passenger-side seat. They were laying there for about one rainy day. When I finally reached for them, - they were both soaking wet! Further investigation revealed a considerable amount of water under the passenger-side carpet, and the water was coming from above (closer to the center console). Had I not have something there, I probably never would’ve known that there was a major leak. After driving in the rain, or just having your car outside in the rain, check the passenger side floor for water leaks – around where your left foot would be.

[quote name='Alex1']is this a problem with the 2.5 gt lmt as well?[/QUOTE] It is a potential problem with all cars, not just Legacies. I have seen numerous complaints about water dripping on the driver when getting in/out of the Legacy after a rain shower, but this is the first I have seen about water collecting on the floor.

[quote name='outahere']It is a potential problem with all cars, not just Legacies. I have seen numerous complaints about water dripping on the driver when getting in/out of the Legacy after a rain shower, but this is the first I have seen about water collecting on the floor.[/QUOTE] The water dripping on the driver happens with Mustangs too. It is because of the frameless windows.

[quote name='WildStang']The water dripping on the driver happens with Mustangs too. It is because of the frameless windows.[/QUOTE] Nah, if it was exclusive to frameless windows, it would affect all Subarus. My last 4 have not had a problem -- it's only on the 05 Leg/OB because they ditched the raingutters. My 02 had raingutters and it was fine. Back to the original problem, it's probably a plugged AC drain line. I hear about this in lots of new cars, it's a typical "defect". The dealer can fix it. Craig

[quote name='bebopper'][size=2]My dealer found a seal in the A/C condenser housing was leaking. Took them a couple trys to find the problem, since it only leaks when cornering, not when standing still.[/size][/QUOTE] I had the same problem with MY04 WRX. Why would they put a plug like that inside the cabin?

Archived