LegacyGT.com

Is my car going to last 5+years with these mods...

I have modded my car like most of the people on the forum. Im drive a 06 5EAT LGT. with UP/DP/CBE/CAI/TMIC(protuned). I seem to be peaking around 20lbs of boost in 3rd. didnt really get to check 4th an 5th that careful. Im just wondering the way im going will there be a problem in the future. i already replaced a turbo seal (not sure if it was due to my modds or not) Im just afraid that everything will be going good than everything just go wrong on me. I'm also planning more mods in the next years or 2. thanks for the advice everyone.

the turbo could possibly die early... 60-70k miles engine itself should be just fine. Datalog every few months to check up on the tune and everything should last a long long time

I peak around 21psi and i will not be suprised if the turbo dies early...but hey, you pay to play

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

You're not the only one who had to have that replaced. I read about that somewhere in a thread long ago... seemed to have led to turbo failure. Good thing it was caught.

The LGT has an STi long block so I'm pretty sure that it is good for quite a bit more power.

Archived