LegacyGT.com

Anyone install oem fogs?

Bdubs

Because I feel like an idiot, but seriously, I'm having trouble. This all seemed like a cakewalk of course, long before I even looked at the directions, heck most of the steps you can do without reading the directions. But, all changed once I hit the driver's side harness plug. Its way too far away, I mean...about 6 inches. I pulled everything out, and there's no way that plug is going any farther. Now, the lights came with extensions, which don't seem to fit the harness on the car. So undo that, and the car harness has to plug directly into the foglight. BUT, they didn't give me enough slack to reach the foglight! I'm incredibly annoyed, because the whole instal would've taken 20 mins. Anyone have this problem? Somewhere something went wrong.

Thats what I'm worried about. And I'm sure I'm going to get the "well they weren't installed by an authorized dealer" b.s. I really didn't expect to run into this kind of problem, an orangutan could've done this install if the car was assembled correctly. Plus, if the car wasn't intended for fogs, then why are the plugs there? I'm already on defensive mode because I can see that I'm going to have to fight NOT to pay for this. Deffinitely gonna put a call in tomorrow about this.

the harness which you grabbed is the one by the washer tank i assume (too short and the harness doesn't match)?

get rid of the extention harness which came w/ the foglamp kit and the location of the foglamp harness on the drivers side is; tucked above the bottom engine cover, left of where the back of the foglamp housing would be (facing the car, so if seated in the car it would be the front left corner of the bottom engine cover)

the harness which you grabbed is the one by the washer tank i assume (too short and the harness doesn't match)?

get rid of the extention harness which came w/ the foglamp kit and the location of the foglamp harness on the drivers side is; tucked above the bottom engine cover, left of where the back of the foglamp housing would be (facing the car, so if seated in the car it would be the front left corner of the bottom engine cover)

Wow, you're right. I was so involved at getting that plug near the washer to work, I never thought of looking for another one. It was hiding pretty good in the engine cover. Thanks for the help. SO...whats that plug near the washer resevoir for?

Archived