LegacyGT.com

Traction problem.....advise

GTTuner

You can't match front stock springs to Bilsteins or for that mattery any aftermarket struts. You need JDM/Biltein specific springs.

I do not think the above is true!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I do not think the above is true!!!

I do not only think so, but I am 100% sure, unless new struts appear that work with with stock USDM top hats and springs.

I do not only think so, but I am 100% sure, unless new struts appear that work with with stock USDM top hats and springs.

Oh, I thought you meant you HAD to change springs! Bilsteins will fit if you use SpecB top hats (although you raise the front slightly)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Oh, I thought you meant you HAD to change springs! Bilsteins will fit if you use SpecB top hats (although you raise the front slightly)

Stock USDM LGT (non-SpecB) springs WILL NOT work with Bilsteins. It's not about top hats, it's about the spring perch located lower on stock KYB vs. Bilsteins. Ergo, longer spring. Even if it fits (if you cram it there), it's not a good idea, since the spring will be seriously mismatched to the strut.

Stock USDM LGT (non-SpecB) springs WILL NOT work with Bilsteins. It's not about top hats, it's about the spring perch located lower on stock KYB vs. Bilsteins. Ergo, longer spring. Even if it fits (if you cram it there), it's not a good idea, since the spring will be seriously mismatched to the strut.

Ok, Unclemat, you have convinced me. Your description would explain the "slight increase" in ride hight. SighHHHHHHHHHHHH---- Iguess I am stuck for now, since I do not want to lower my wagon.:(

So I have just joined the Unclemat's band wagon, NOBODY makes a better shock system for the LGT and you CANNOT upgrade shocks without upgrading springs. There I said it, and I stand corrected!!!!:icon_bigg

BTW, thanks for saving me big bucks!!!!!

Don't panic. You can use JDM OEM springs that fit Bilsteins and other JDM sturts perfectly and retain stock height. You will find a set in classifieds right now...

to be technically correct, that only happens when you OVER DRIVE the car..

Easy to do with the low limits as delivered, partially due to the wimpy rear sway bar...

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Don't panic. You can use JDM OEM springs that fit Bilsteins and other JDM sturts perfectly and retain stock height. You will find a set in classifieds right now...

Thanks, but I will wait for the shocks.

Archived