LegacyGT.com

HID questions a search hasn't answered.

AWD_Rules3830

Well i was thinking about doing a headlamp upgrade for my 05 GT. I want to get a HID system over OEM that i have right now. I don't need help finding a kit i just want these questions answered.

When i start the car and put the e-brake down will the lights just fire up to normal operation or do something similar to my oem lamps where i have a running light or daytime level brightness and then have a second brightness level when i power them up fully from the steering column controls?

How will they work with my high beams, would i need to upgrade the halogens in my high beams or something ... i don't really know headlights that well folks lol.

I love my car ... basically.

Alright nvm ... i figured out i have to disable the DRL's and then i will be fine. SWEET.

or don't plug the kit into the oem connectors and make a new wire harness and retain DRL functionality with your xenons, however would not recommend with a kit setup becuase your bulbs would prob burn out sooner from being on all the time. OEM Xenon bulbs go forever so not a problem. Retros FTW!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

The lowbeams ie the HID's will stay on when the high beams come on . You might want to upgrade the stock ones to something brighter perhaps a Silverstar bulb so they kind of have a similar intensity to the HID's. I find I don't really notice the high beams as much when I turn them on since the HID's are so powerful.

Archived