LegacyGT.com

anyone try the AVO rear lip spoiler yet?

lemming

He's referring to this: [img]http://avoturboworld.com/subaru/images/lip_spoilers.jpg[/img] The rear lip spoiler. It's a Subaru OEM piece (not an STi piece, btw) available in Japan. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='apexjapan']He's referring to this: [img]http://avoturboworld.com/subaru/images/lip_spoilers.jpg[/img] The rear lip spoiler. It's a Subaru OEM piece (not an STi piece, btw) available in Japan. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] how come that piece is so much cheaper (not cheaply made!) than the one that kingofimports is selling? is it not painted? just curious because i'm about to order one, if they are still available. thanks for the info, P.

No no, it comes painted - you'd have to specify your color code when ordering it. We don't have much choice on the painting, actually, as it comes from the Subaru dealer here in Japan. If somebody does want to paint one, we suggest ordering the White and prepping that for painting. We are a bit cheaper than kingofimports because of our location and our buying methods. He's got to take much more of a risk than we do by ordering the parts in bulk, shipping them to the states and then selling them. We take the orders when we get them and buy from the dealers, and then ship them. Kingofimports will be invariably quicker to purchase from when he's got stock, while we are slow but steady. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='apexjapan']No no, it comes painted - you'd have to specify your color code when ordering it. We don't have much choice on the painting, actually, as it comes from the Subaru dealer here in Japan. If somebody does want to paint one, we suggest ordering the White and prepping that for painting. We are a bit cheaper than kingofimports because of our location and our buying methods. He's got to take much more of a risk than we do by ordering the parts in bulk, shipping them to the states and then selling them. We take the orders when we get them and buy from the dealers, and then ship them. Kingofimports will be invariably quicker to purchase from when he's got stock, while we are slow but steady. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] thanks, paul. i appreciate that you give kudos to the other vendor plus explain the details. i'll be ordering that rear lip spoiler shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='lemming']...i'll be ordering that rear lip spoiler shortly.[/QUOTE] Would appreciate feedback on your experiences ordering & installing/having installed. Haven't even got gotten my Legacy yet (on order) but seriously considering this subtle styling addition (USDM spoiler too bulky looking for me).

Yes, they are present from factories in Japan. Please keep your language civil here. We try to make this a board that is different from the rest--more mature and all, except for the Tikki Lounge :p. Thanks! I'm not sure why they chose to remove the wiper. It would've been a nice addition for people who live in rainy states higher north in the states.
-ben

Archived