LegacyGT.com

Blue Glow from Hood (no pics but please read)

Alex1

Hey all, For some time ive been wondering what it would look like if somene put some nean blue bulbs in their engine bay... Preferablly a black gt, so when the hood is closed, there is a faint blue glow from the hood scoop Its nothing dramatic like under body lights but it would look insane i bet at night, black with blue, also would the engine bay get to hot for it or no? THanks for the comments in advance, Alex

Please, no! It will be like Fast and Furious all over again. Coming from someone around your age, there's more people that find neon is stupid, ricey, and lame, than cool. Sure it looks alright but if you had it before the F&F movie series, it might have been considered cool, but everyone has it now and when everyone has it, it's not cool. I'm sorry to go against you on this, it's just a way of protecting the [i]classiness[/i] of the car.
-ben

yeah sure its ok, i dont even have one yet so dont worry lol I just thought it would look somewhat cool, but i know its a mature sporty car and doesnt need all that stuff... just thinking out loud

lol deer killer ughhh this damn decision is so harrd!!! just today i got like 3 compliment on my car from girls... im a junior and 2 cars of wiiiicked hot seniors were like "nice car" ughhh and i dono know any more... i took 2 guys and myself in the car they smushed in.... i mean i hate doing that and ill get pulled over someday but if i get a leg evern with a kit it wont get as much attension as the audi... guys please help me

I would imagine the heat in the area near the intercooler would be too high and might cause it to melt, burnout, or damage the wires and cause a short. If it melts, that wouldn't be a good thing to get all over the intercooler. Aesthetically speaking, a slight blue glow wouldn't look good; maybe a slight red glow would though. But, you should keep in mind, that most car enthusiasts would probably discount this mod as being quite distasteful and chalk it up as another pointless ricey mod. The Legacy is a classy car, but it is your car and you could do whatever you’d like to it. Think of it this way though, would you add neon to your car if it was an Audi, Benz, Infiniti, or a BMW? Most probably not, and being that this car is targeted for consumers who would be in the market for those brands, the car should be treated as such. That is my opinion, and I’m sure many of the people here who own one probably feel this car should be treated like a [near] luxury car. - Mike

Alex, you seem like you want a car that would appeal to girls. If that's the case, you should look at BMW's and Audi's. My friend had a '97 M3 with iForged 19" rims and everyone loved it. It was fast, sexy, and it helds more than two people. If you want, think of getting a convertible M3. I know you have to get a new car, but try convincing your parents on this one. The Audi A4 is also really nice in terms of looks. I have a friend with a last gen. one and another with the current gen. one and the girls love it too. A4 1.8T's are easy to get power out of, so you don't have to worry about it being slow. If you want to show off, the Legacy is NOT the car for you. Think of the GT as a family sedan/wagon that has a monster inside. It makes the mom and dad happy. Also, have you considered the Evo? That car is begging to be looked at. The new MR edition just came out a few days ago too. Maybe you can check that out as well.
-ben

Alex, Ben has offered some very sound advice there. The GT is certainly a great car and has plenty of go to match the looks. The E36 M3 may be more the go unless you have the cash to splash out on a E46 M3. Certainly a head turner and chick pleaser but trust me, If you want to deck that out with extra go fast bits, be prepared to dip into your trust fund because you will certainly need it. The EVO is a wicked car too, plenty of go but not much to look at on the inside. A lot of ppl have stated that if the STi had the EVO engine, it would be a solid, bullet proof car. Let us know what your thoughts are and where you might go with this. All the best Adam.

thanks guys yeah i just had a conversation with my dad and my grandparents (gparents are buying it for me) and he is saying 25-26 possibly 27 is doable... so i mite hafta wait till the summer for the price to go down on a gt lmt or just find a new ride all together... Ide love an m3 but most likely, a used one would have too many miles on it and my parents wouldnt let me get it... too fast... they want me in a safe car and not fast or too flashy, the only reason my TT would work is cuz it is an 01 and has 21 k miles on it and the blue book is like 20 or somthing i mean its not that exspensive... Im gonna try to look around please help me if ude like by posting links to ads or anything info related about a car... my AIM is guitaristadk1411 and my email and stuff is in my profile... Thanks again, -Alex

ugh now the parents say they want me in a nice safe NEW vehicle... gaaahhhh one or two years old wouldnt be that bad ill hafta check them out at a local dealer the other thing i could do is buy my dad's TT drive it till the summer when the lmt GTs go on sale and then sell the TT and buy the GT

Cars depreciate in value faster than speedy gonzales. Audi does not have the best resale whatsoever, so if you plan to buy your dads tt (private party value) and then sell it, you will likely be losing money. Isn't there a new body for the audi TT out this year? If so, sellin around the current estimated private party value will be even more tough. On another note, you will see sales for the '05 GT in the summer time as the new '06 models make their way to the dealerships.

yeah... i have no clue anymore i mean on one hand... the legacy if i got a kit for and a tint would be insane i mean it looks good stock but not enough... the tt would be insane but i can only have one person in it at a time... i mean its sorta cool... god damn i have no idea... i have homework now ill check back later

I think a cop may take a dim view of a red light being shown forwards on a car - there are regs for that (never seems to stop some people though). I could see a glow in the scoop being pretty good looking if done well though, too... I just wouldn't do it myself ;)

Archived