LegacyGT.com

Legacy wagon dropped from the line

Imprezawrcblue

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about it. Wagons were the thing until Mini vans and SUVs came around. Think of how many Taurus wagons were on the road. There was a Camry wagon, Accord wagon, Corrolla wagon. Nowdays those companies would never produce a wagon. Who sold the most wagons even when they were losing populrity? Subaru. Still sell em. Id even consider getting one when Im grown up. Give it 15 years. But not if I cant get what I want. Things will be different then, but if it were now and I had a no choice automatic trans or a sporty suspension, well I wouldnt be getting a Subaru thats for sure.

Yet the handling prowess of the FXT is being brought into question. What better way to test the handling of your car than at a track event? I didn't realize that touting your car's performance and handling was the same as actually proving it. I guess saying that you drive a sporty car is more important than actually using said sportyness. There is no concrete data here, just opinions based on ignorance.

Obviously I traded up to the LGT wagon for a reason. It's a more upscale and capable car in stock trim. But facts are facts. You don't have to like the FXT, but don't bash a car you know nothing about.

PROWESS?????? :lol:

OMG ROTFLMAO

OMG that has GOT to be the funniest thing I have EVAR read on a message board. Handling PROWESS of a forrester.

OMG thank you so much for that - it is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

LOL

:lol:

no hostility at all here, just stating my observations. i can't deny the FXT handled like a truck stock, but you have to remember that there are a lot of people who do buy a car to mod it. there are plenty of modded LGT's on here, right? the FXT platform is basically a lifted WRX. lowering it does not completely change the suspension geometry, it's basically the same suspension with taller springs. like i stated, WRX and STi struts and springs bolt right in. the underpinnings are exactly the same. obviously the impreza platform can't be that bad with as many of them as they sell.

apples to oranges, think what you want. i just don't see why people need to dump on the FXT, it keeps winning awards for a reason.

Lifted wrx? Um, no. Lifted impreza. old impreza afaik

:icon_conf

My Fiance Bobby loves to DRIVE!! We take our FXT On the back roads all the time... I BET It would out Handle YOU!! We have Hotchkis sways bars, Sti front strut tower bar, cucso rear strut brace, and a JIC sub frame brace. You can make the FXT handle like no other... Its surprises me!! You can do alot with The Forester XT. Its well worth buying for me... Worth every penny. :icon_mrgr

Also, Whats with the MEXICAN LOW RIDER????

<------- I think my FXT looks great on WRX sturts... I now have DMS Coilovers though.

um,okay whatever your dad is bigger than my dad. so, um, good bye.

First of all I originally wanted a LGT while i was overseas when i came back to the US i priced them out and they were to rich for my taste frustrated i went to a dealership and saw a FXT sitting there I had diven an LGT and thought it was awsome was not expecting that this used FXT would be even more fun to drive coming from owning 3 past subarus ( and one nissan lol) I can conifidentlaly say that the fXT can and will out perform aLGT all day long. yeah i said it what I know i will get flack for saying that but hear me out

the LGT looks better and interior is better but pound for pound the FXt beats it in most every other way now when a LGT STI comes hmmm i will have to reevaluate much love no disrespect we are all subaru guys here lets try and play nice its those blasted DSMS we need to be talking about lol

i will just leave the legacy elitists to themselves, nobody has given one good argument against the FXT, end of story. there seems to be a pretty defensive posture taken by a couple of people in here and i think the whole thing needs to be dropped because i really have no desire to continue arguing like children. PLEASE lock this thread.

PROWESS?????? :lol:

OMG ROTFLMAO

OMG that has GOT to be the funniest thing I have EVAR read on a message board. Handling PROWESS of a forrester.

OMG thank you so much for that - it is the funniest thing I've heard all week.

LOL

Lifted wrx? Um, no. Lifted impreza. old impreza afaik

:icon_conf

um,okay whatever your dad is bigger than my dad. so, um, good bye.

Wow, best comebacks ever!!:icon_roll

OK, I have been on the sideline, now I will explain.

Stock for stock. A Legacy GT wagon handles better than a FXT.

Modified FXT will obviously outhandle a stock wagon.

Modify both with the same amount of money...

The LGT will win on the road. It has the better suspension set-up for on-road capability. It has larger brakes and roughly the same weight.

Interior, the LGT is better from the factory. It was meant to be. Period.

I think the FXT is great, but spend the same amount of money on both, and the LGT will ALWAYS be nicer, faster, and handle better...

Ted

:spin:

this thread has oficially made me ashamed to drive a Legacy. some people's statements have really shed a bad light on this board and those people should be ashamed of themselves. regardless of what you might think about the Forester, just know at least the Forester board is more mature and friendly. but i won't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, there are plenty of great people here. i just expected a little more maturity from the owners of a more "mature" car.

:trolls::offtopic:

Your brought gang of FXT owners. We told you we like your happy with your car and we like Forester owners as any other Suby owners. It's good car for what it is, but most of us would consider it inferior and certainly not a replacement for an LGT. Simple as that. Period.

If you want talk more, please start Legacy vs. Forester thread in the appropriate forum. And get of out this thread, since it has very little to do with Forester.

You sir are the one acting like a brat.

I stated mutliple times in this thread that the Forester has some excellent attributes.

However, it is a dated car on a dated platform that was never intended stock to be a great handling car.

so my opinion that the stock Forester XT handles like a minivan and is tippy isnt a good enough argument?

Now who's acting like a spoiled child?

Apparently as long as you feel a certain way, no one can have a valid opposing opinion? :rolleyes:

i don't recall directing that at you. i do recall stating that i couldn't deny the forester doesn't handle well stone stock. again, a defensive posture for no reason. i'm defending a car i owned and i know exactly what it's plus and minuses are. those with no real experience should not be commenting on things they do not know about. "i test drove one" hardly makes someone an expert. i know the FXT in and out, i modded my FXT myself, i know what it can do. again, if you feel this is directed at you, maybe you should think about why you feel attacked. i never said that the FXT was a nicer car stock, but i am going to defend it when people make unwarranted attacks against it.

Your brought gang of FXT owners. We told you we like your happy with your car and we like Forester owners as any other Suby owners. It's good car for what it is, but most of us would consider it inferior and certainly not a replacement for an LGT. Simple as that. Period.

If you want talk more, please start Legacy vs. Forester thread in the appropriate forum. And get of out this thread, since it has very little to do with Forester.

You flatter me. Please, I don't have that kind of sway. I simply presented the FXT owners with what was being said and they made their own decisions whether or not to respond.

I will agree that the LGT is a better vehicle all around than the FXT, I mean that's why they charge more, right? Subaru made a nicer car in the Legacy wagon, but they sell more of the Forester. Both cars have their ups and downs. Do I like my LGT more than my FXT I traded in on it? In some ways yes, in some ways no. I never said anybody has to like the FXT, I don't know who put the words in my mouth or thought I did. I simply presented the option of the FXT to the guy looking for a potential replacement for his LGT wagon. Maybe you should have just kept your negative opinions to yourself and all of this could have been avoided. For all you know, the person who asked about a replacement for his LGT would have considered the FXT.

But opinions are opinions and you can continue to spin your wheels if you please, you only make yourself look like a fool.

I didnt think it was adressed only towards me, but you are getting way too bent out of shape.

I was trying to be on your side throughout this, and its you who maybe needs to think about why you are getting so defensive and responding this way.

As for my experience or lack there of with the FXT, apparently you are ok with my positive assessments, but my negative ones are the product of FXT noobness?

My time driving the car was enough for me not to buy one thank you very much. A lot of people on here don't mod their cars. For that matter, as Pradet stated, stock to stock the LGT is better, and modded to modded its better.

I think everyone on here for the most part did not deny the fact that the FXT modded could be a really nice handling car. The LGT just doesnt require as much work to get it there.

'nuff said.

Again, you misunderstand what I am saying. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIKE THE FXT. But for people to call it a piece of crap when their statements are based on nothing but personal opinions is the issue. How many times can I say it, you are entitled to think what you want to, but calling somebody's car a pos isn't really a mature thing to do and refusing to listen to the facts shows an unwillingness to learn something. I still don't understand how I came off like I'm getting bent out of shape. Hey, I haven't resorted to name calling yet have I, lol? I am not saying you are doing this, so please don't feel like I am.

So, f@#k it, I am fine with whatever somebody wants to think. It's a free country. Lets all just leave it as a difference of opinion and go back to being friendly. I like it here and I don't want it to be ruined by stupid childish hostility.

Maybe we should talk about religion or politics instead?:lol:

Indeed, im sick of all these ppl showering praise on their cars but then getting upset that other ppl dont follow and agree with them. If you loved your wife/gf and then found out nobody else felt the same way and so you change your mind about her, is that right? (actually that happens quite a lot in real life, so poor example, but its still wrong).

I like my car cause its great but also because it doesnt have the mass attn from the sheep. If i needed affirmation about my car purchase from the majority i'd be driving another bmw.

Ed

Sorta like the premise of this whole thread, right? :lol:

Seriously, if the OP wasnt so bent about "his" car being discontinued we wouldnt be here would we?

I found this all on my own, thanks.

No wonder I never fit in with the LGT crew....They think I'm inferior!

jk Wuki/Boon/Shocker/et al... :wub:

Archived