LegacyGT.com

Placement Of A New AP 2.0

I recently purchased and installed a new AP 2.0 in my 05 LGT MT.

Form my minimal driving time (less than 2 hours) I am very pleased with the results.

I am considering leaving the AP plugged in all the time (or most of the time) and mounting it somewhere.

I have done a search on this and found almost nothing and no pictures at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pictures of installations with some install process tidbits would be great.

Thanks in advance.

AP 2.0's are still pretty new. you might be the first guy that tries to mount it for displaying all the real-time info.

I got to see one of these last week on a WRX and the color display with all the electro-gauges was pretty cool. although the far out, blinky gizmo graphics might drive me crazy after awhile. perhaps they can be selected to display in different ways. I'm not sure.

good luck with the project and post up your own pics/ideas when you have em.

quick ques, i was considering this as well but.. i dont know if you need to have the test conectors in to get the real time data, anybody know??? Can you unplug them and still get that data?

You do not need to test connectors left together to get real time data.

For my GReddy Informeter, I simply tucked its wiring after the OBD-II connector up into the kick-plate and then tracked it up the seam where the driver's side dash -to- A-pillar intersection happens to be (made easier since that dash panel easily pops off).

From there, it's just a small length of wire snaked out to the area just above my left-side HVAC register, and I used a simple bent-back piece of black-finished aluminum as a mount, affixing both the mount to the dash as well as the mount to the Informeter using 3M Automotive Trim/Mo(u)lding tape. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

usb sends power through the cable and there is no on/off unless you unplug it.

I have seen "rigged" version of this feature. My engineers at work have done it. I was just wondering if anyone had seen an off the shelf version. The ability to create one is possible via inserting a switch in between the power leads in the USB cable system. I'd just rather buy one and not have to deal with a home made version.

• 2 weeks later...
For my GReddy Informeter, I simply tucked its wiring after the OBD-II connector up into the kick-plate and then tracked it up the seam where the driver's side dash -to- A-pillar intersection happens to be (made easier since that dash panel easily pops off).

From there, it's just a small length of wire snaked out to the area just above my left-side HVAC register, and I used a simple bent-back piece of black-finished aluminum as a mount, affixing both the mount to the dash as well as the mount to the Informeter using 3M Automotive Trim/Mo(u)lding tape. :)

Any pics of this?

Thanks

Any pics of this?

I'll try to get some up - I took everything off when the vBGarage was going crazy and not allowing us to edit pictures or descriptions, and haven't gotten around to getting new pix, yet. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived