LegacyGT.com

How do you replace side mirror LED?

kevinh

I've taken mine apart and the part that houses the LED's is one piece, I am not sure if there is anyway to get in there to change the lights. If you had to I would think that you would have to seperate the housing somehow, perhaps baking it. To take it apart you would need to take the mirror off and then depress the tabs on the coloured part of the mirror casing to remove it. I think they call it the skull cap. Then you will have access to the blinker

you can goto japanparts.com I think and get the tinted lens that comes in many colors.. as for the LED, you probably have to just unsolder the amber LEDs and find some 3-watt stand-alone LEDs from radio shack and replace them by hand.

It will be illegal for any other color than white, yellow, or amber.

Keefe

Thanks guys...I appreciate the info. I actually have had the blue tint over the side view mirrors for some time now, and I thinnk it looks funny with an amber light behind it. And, I'm in the process of clearing the headlights, and these were part of my plan. But, if they're not meant to be replaced I don't think I'll mess with it. Here are some pics.

IMGP0817b.jpg.feed979acc16dbc183c96e46485ba5df.jpg

IMGP0818b.jpg.3712ffbe05b688f3f461aff5a24030c2.jpg

KevinH

• 1 year later...

Archived