LegacyGT.com

A really quick Super Pro control arm bushing review.

Joon525

You have offset or standard?

Today I had the Super Pro (Fulcrum) front lower control arm bushing installed in my car.

I had the standard set in case you're wondering.

If you have an extra set of control arms off the car with the new bushings already pressed in like I had, the install time is about an hour or less.

My first time driving around was just local streets, the steering felt a little more solid but nothing ground breaking.

My second time driving I got to go on the highway and other roads with a higher speed limit. The impression here was greater. When you go to change lanes on the highway the steering reaction is much quicker than stock. It's like an immediate knee-jerk reaction.

I haven't experienced ANY increase in noise or vibration BUT maybe I've not driven on a road that will give that kind of feedback (yet).

Bottom line: I don't regret buying them at all. The car feels great.

I've got to thank whitetiger (Josh) for his help with this.

I just got back from a drive and I honestly don't feel/hear any increase in terms of NVH. I chose a road that has these ripples in it (not like the cuts in the side of the highway to keep you awake) and the ride was the same as stock as far as I can remember.

One thing I thought about though, if I had the offset version would the NVH increase? I think there's a possibility that it would because if you think about it, the centered version have ample "padding" surrounding the center metal tube. The offset ones have less "padding" on one side, well what if this one side is where the most deflection occurs? I would assume that the smaller amount of polyurethane could transmit more NVH into the car.

This is all speculation though.

Tomorrow's commute has some concrete patches so I'll report more in the AM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived