LegacyGT.com

Help! Genome grille question...

TWOK2LCDCNC

I am about to order a genome grille for my GT... it seems to be the only grille option I have (because it is the only one readily available)

before I order, I want to verify that the correct japanparts.com part number for the grille is 107-007-004

The descriptions on the website are a little confusing... it looks like the only one they have is for the JDM bumper...? Before I spend $300+ on a grille I thought I might ask you guys for verification since most of you are more knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks in advance... I did a search but didn't find a definitive answer.

also, is there anything else on japanparts.com worth ordering? I'm not trying to blow a ton of cash... just wondering what you guys thought.

I ordered an RSB grille in September!!! Still waiting_____ Rant coming soon!!!!!!!:icon_mad:

I, also ordered an RSB grille... I think it was in august sometime. I waited FOREVER and nothing... that's why I'm so desperate to find something that looks good and fits. That and the fact that I pretty much demolished my factory one doing a "DIY" mod :lol:

so, this is the grille that people are ordering? all the pictures I've seen have minimal to no gaps (at least that I can see)

thanks.

That is my ride. The Genome actually fits better than the USDM OEM taht was on there. The one that came off was a bit tighter fit and if you were not careful it would scratch the bumper when you took it off or put it on. The Genome is an additional clearnace of a mill to a mill-and-a-half that makes it easier to get on and off.

And yes, there are NO gaps. Nothing "fancy" was done (no shimming or what not) to get it in either. When I bought it, the seller mentioned that I might need to shim the bumber if there was a gap... but I am thinking that the 06's didn't have this little gap he spoke of.

I'd buy it again. Soooo worth it to get rid of the "chrome moustache". No more 90's Ford Taurus grill!

I, also ordered an RSB grille... I think it was in august sometime. I waited FOREVER and nothing... that's why I'm so desperate to find something that looks good and fits. That and the fact that I pretty much demolished my factory one doing a "DIY" mod :lol:

If we all canceled our orders,they are out some serious bucks!!!!!!!:icon_mrgr

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived