LegacyGT.com

GT Engine fried at 19K

Mister S

the piston hit the bottom of the head and started making a ridiculously loud noise. I'm getting a new short block and head on teh side where the piston let go.

I'm almost at the end of my rope with subaru, My audi A4 was more reliable!!!

Ouch... I take it a wrist pin clip, not properly secured during factory assembly led to that.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but all manufacturer's have bad ones every now and again. Some people would say the same about Audi's....

Ouch... I take it a wrist pin clip, not properly secured during factory assembly led to that.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but all manufacturer's have bad ones every now and again. Some people would say the same about Audi's....

I understand this but I've got a laundry list of problems with this car so far :(

My first and last subaru with this experience

You probably got the one made on a friday afternoon between the cartons of KOOLS and Milwaukee Light. :icon_bigg

Is your delarship treating you well? Are they fixing your problems in a timely manner? Is it costing you and arm and a leg?

If it is too much pain, then just sell it.

X

---

You probably got the one made on a friday afternoon between the cartons of KOOLS and Milwaukee Light. :icon_bigg

Is your delarship treating you well? Are they fixing your problems in a timely manner? Is it costing you and arm and a leg?

If it is too much pain, then just sell it.

X

I want to sell it and rid myself of it but I can't break even on the loan yet due the the horrible depreciation

I understand this but I've got a laundry list of problems with this car so far :(

and they are? bosco

Problems:rear discs had to be turned, turn signal control unit fried, new exhaust, alignment off from the factory, door panel replaced due to blemishes, interior A pillar trim replaced (blemishes), hesitation issue (back 4 times and still not any better), ac line rattle, other misc rattles, had an ECU flash, radio will randomly change the volume, the suspension squeaks (but this is apparently normal) and when it gets really cold outside the temperature sensor will 'freeze' at a really cold temp (-4 ish). I'm sure there are more just can't think of them right now. I've only had the car 16 months

It's been in the shop now with the blown engine for 2 weeks today and they haven't even got all the parts to fix it yet.

This with all the other times it

I understand Mister S, my cousin has had nothing but bad experiences with Honda/Acura. The opposite of mine, so he is forever a Toyota manm, and me a Honda.

That is likely how rivalry's usually start....

If you're having that much trouble with it, I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it.

Problems:rear discs had to be turned, turn signal control unit fried, new exhaust, alignment off from the factory, door panel replaced due to blemishes, interior A pillar trim replaced (blemishes), hesitation issue (back 4 times and still not any better), ac line rattle, other misc rattles, had an ECU flash, radio will randomly change the volume, the suspension squeaks (but this is apparently normal) and when it gets really cold outside the temperature sensor will 'freeze' at a really cold temp (-4 ish). I'm sure there are more just can't think of them right now. I've only had the car 16 months

It's been in the shop now with the blown engine for 2 weeks today and they haven't even got all the parts to fix it yet.

This with all the other times it

Yeah, blows. Mine has been nearly flawless....

I understand Mister S, my cousin has had nothing but bad experiences with Honda/Acura. The opposite of mine, so he is forever a Toyota manm, and me a Honda.

That is likely how rivalry's usually start....

If you're having that much trouble with it, I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it.

I agree with that theory, I've had good luck with Honda and Toyota....I think what makes a difference is when there are problems what the company does. But in my case a car with only 19K miles should never have had that many problems to begin with. I do understand that crap happens, these are manmade machines....but come on...this is ridiculous.

$20k for unlimited LGT wagon with 19k miles? fuggetboutit

Your looking at $17-18k for private party, $15-16 for trade in. If goes well...

$18K for a trade.....$20K for a private party sale

all cars lose money period. yes some hold their value better or might be easier to sell but all in all they all drop. KBB is very close to what you car is worth. now think about it when you bought it it was appox. $28000 list give or take you also probably paid less (you can't add taxes, doc fees, interrest, etc. b/c thats a gimme) say $25500 so now the car is two years old and is worth $20000 private so in two years you lost $5 or $6000 thats not bad all things considered. you think all these other cars hold there value so well? go to KBB and pick the car of your choice (equal money to LGT new) and see, the LGT is not that far off. you hear all these cheap prices here on the forum for LGT's well there is a reason for that go look at some of these so called deals.

another thing when you go to trade in a car the dealer is not going to give you shit for it b/c they buy them wholesale to begin with. get you car fixed and put it in the paper and sell it. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived