LegacyGT.com

Radio Service Manual for 2005 thru 2006 Leagcy

drcaveman

I have the full service manual for the 2005 2006 legacy GT models CQ-EF1560L

Discovered that the radio has connections for both ONSTAR, from Subaru's GM days I guess, and satellite connections, not an electrician tho so can't understand the wiring diagrams.

I'll try for some pictures later

If you would like the Full Service Manual as a PDF for either MP3 Models, model# CQ-EF1560L, or non MP3 models, model# CQ-EF1561L I have both.

Send and email to drcavemanl06GTLTD@runbox do not abuse please.

If I miss anyones email just let me now the runbox spam filter ignores my setting and I occasionally by accident delete legit email.

Please specify which manual you want.

Thank you to mcwiggin for hosting these files.

The Links are:

www.mcwiggin.com/subaru/0505cqef1561l.pdf

www.mcwiggin.com/subaru/0505cqef1560l.pdf

Satellite connections? A lot of times you can wire something in for aux-in...

I have 3 Pictures one is the block diagram,

The second is the display board

And the Third is closeup of where the function knob connects to the board you can see the satellite function is there just blocked out.

188126743_DisplayBlockDiagram.thumb.jpg.c17af1da118679427f8a28bb26f1e46d.jpg

231339725_RadioBlockDiamgram.thumb.jpg.b9eb10f02ea0e809c2c72d7c004d4806.jpg

297866603_DisplayBlockDiagramDetailView.thumb.jpg.63dbb2f0bd9206809abe7d7c765cabed.jpg

I have the full service manual for the 2005 2006 legacy GT models CQ-EF1560L
Actually, as far as I can tell, the Panasonic CQ-EF1560L was used only in the 2006 spec.B and Outback VDC models (the ones with MP3 capability). The Subaru part # for that unit is 86201AG66A.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/81/12/a572_1.JPG

I'd love to have a copy of that service manual (I assume you have it in PDF format). Can you shoot a copy to Jon_in_CT@sbcglobal.net?

;935391']Actually, as far as I can tell, the Panasonic CQ-EF1560L was used only in the 2006 spec.B and Outback VDC models (the ones with MP3 capability). The Subaru part # for that unit is 86201AG66A.

I'd love to have a copy of that service manual (I assume you have it in PDF format). Can you shoot a copy to Jon_in_CT@sbcglobal.net?

My Bad I am actually still looking for the Legacy GT Model, but the I checked the board underneath the function button it has a SAT function only, but there appears to be no module for the unit.

Its about 5 MB in size let me now if you get it.

Look for and email from drcaveman

Where did you find this manual? I have seached high and low and turned up nothing. Please share the whole manual if possible. I too, need the 2005 gt manual. but this one is close!

Thanks

It should be very close, the cover page states that for models without MP3 the only difference is the text button is replace by the RDM button and the CD Changer

What is the Legacy GT Radios Model number is it CQ-EF1561L?:icon_conf

I am not sure if I can post a 5MB PDF on the forum.

I have created an email Alias so if it gets abused I can delete it, but send requests to drcavemanl06GTLTD@runbox

I'm an EE, this gives me something to look over this weekend.

That is, if I can stave off the work that followed me home... :(

I hate when work follows me home, just have drive faster to stay ahead of it:lol::lol::lol:

Ok I have been looking over this manual, and I understand it pretty much, But maybe one of you ee types can take a look at IC 206 (vol/tone/fader IC) and tell me how I can defeat the loudness contour. Maybe by changing the cap and resitor values around pins 5,6,7 and 30,31,32? Also pins 4,and 8 at cn402 feed over to another input on IC 206 on pins 2,3 and 34,35. Any idea if we can fool the micro into turning this input on for an easy aux in? Any advice would be great. Lets put our heads together and make use of this valuable info that drcaveman has brought to us.

Where does the OEM subwoofer plug into?? Does it plug into CN402 and what pins does it use? The one page shows the Sub woofer using pins 1 and 7 but the schematic shows nothing connected to those pins.

Looking at the schematic pins 4 and 8 are for audio left and right. Pin 4 shows signal + but then goes to both Right and Left +, Pin 8 is signal - but then goes to Right and Left -. Then thers is Pin 2 and 6 they are for the satellite switch + and -.

I don't know but maybe if the stopper is removed from the FM/AM/CD selector and jumping the sat sw + and - connections the sat light will come on???

cn402.jpg.31488bddcc9f5198aa8c6bf4e58ec3f2.jpg

I'd like to figure out how does the radio/hvac switches the temperature display on the climate control from Farenheit to Celsius. I know it is dependand on what instrument cluster is installed in the car. With a Imperial cluster (US) the temp display shows in Farenheit but when I swapped in a Metric (Canadian cluster) the temperature display switched to Celsius, then when I reinstalled the US cluster, it went back to Farenheit.

There is a connection to the ECU and the Body Integrated Unit with pins B1, B6 and B11 but I'm not sure what signal they send.

Can anyone chime in?

I emailed regarding the manual both would be helpful. I am an EE as well and with something like this it should be much easier to figure out what is going on. I also have a webserver and would be willing to host the manual for download. Also does anyone know what plugs into the CN601 connector near the front of the board?

Archived