LegacyGT.com

Review: Ebay Catback Exhaust (X02 Racing) and Cobb DP on an 07 Legacy Spec.B

coldeagle

that sounds so delicious :D

i thought our cars sounded like crap catless and with no resonator... at least mine does...

it could be these 'street' series magnaflows wth their 2.25 inlet/cores... mine sounds raspy as hell :mad:

Yeah. When I first heard our cars with aftermarket exhausts, I expected to hear a delicious STi sound, but intstead was disappointed...

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok I've got a couple video's that I took with my cell phone.

Enjoy :)

That does sound good, I like the pops and burbles.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and videos.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

They sell a DP, but I liked the Cobb DP better. I don't mind spending extra $$ for the DP b/c it needs to be outstanding quality because it can cause A LOT of problems if you don't have a good one. The DP needs to take an enormous amount of heat, and if it's not done well, then it can blow a hole in the DP and that would be a very bad thing!

there metal are made of forged stanless steal

Are we still talking about exhaust components? Cobb downpipe?

The cobb downpipe uses a cast stainless steel O2 housing. I don't think anyone would use forged stainless steel.

Frankly, I would be surprised if they come up with a copy of the Cobb because there's a lot of up front money involved in making a casting. My friend has a local company make stainless steel castings for him. The per unit cost is low but he had to pay for the mold up front.

The housing would have to be interchangeable with WRXs (different pipe welded to common casting) in order to amortize the cost.

Archived