LegacyGT.com

Headlight Clearing - Mass/CT

muddy02

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone in Boston area willing to host, as that would be a good neutral place. Otherwise I'll host in RI. Let me know.

Are you busy this saturday afternoon? I'd drive over if that's cool. Can other people make it saturday afternoon? We could go out to a bar after or somthing. Takers?

:icon_cool:icon_conf

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

Saturday afternoon works. January 27th. Maybe try a headcount and see how many people can make it?

- muddy02

- gianspi

should be able to make it depending on time/location. How easy would it be to get to UConn from where it will be? Will be driving down from Boston but I am supposed to meet some friends at UConn later that night.

should be able to make it depending on time/location. How easy would it be to get to UConn from where it will be? Will be driving down from Boston but I am supposed to meet some friends at UConn later that night.

I'm right off of I-95, very easy to get here.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the process. Post up a time and we can change it. Not much time for polls and such as Saturday is coming up quick.

not for nothin, but 2pm? you do understand that there are HOURS involved in this right? unless of course you're runnin a few heat guns.........

Id say around 12 or maybe a little after...also depends on how many people are coming.

Count me in, Ill be there just to help.

Nice thing should be that we can rotate between the cars, thus taking less time for all of them. Should not be too bad. Just make sure those of you that are doing it have extra silicone (I find black is best cuz it shows u where u have got gobs of it so u can get it off before it dries) and spray paint for those who may want to blacken the headlights (altho this could take considerably longer).

Ok sounds great. So...

Saturday, January 27th at 12 Noon.

- muddy02

- gianspi

- Fox06LegacyGT

Please add you name to the list and I will PM address and directions. Also, if anyone has applicable tools, please bring them also. I don't have anything really automotive worthy.

Id say around 12 or maybe a little after...also depends on how many people are coming.

Count me in, Ill be there just to help.

Nice thing should be that we can rotate between the cars, thus taking less time for all of them. Should not be too bad. Just make sure those of you that are doing it have extra silicone (I find black is best cuz it shows u where u have got gobs of it so u can get it off before it dries) and spray paint for those who may want to blacken the headlights (altho this could take considerably longer).

Can you (or someone who's done if before) make a list of everything we need so we aren't missing anything when we get there. Or if you have any leftover (ex. silicone) materials we could use, that'd be great.

thanks, see you all saturday.

PS - I have a tax apt. at 10am here in springfield on sat morning so 2pm would have been better for me, but i will get there as soon as i can.

all you need is a oven, a pair of mechanics gloves (thos mofos are hot) , torx screwdriver, some mm sockets and ratchets

OH GO BUY SOME SilverStarr Blinkers $20 (3157A/4157A) or any other bulbs that look clear but blink yellow cause once you clear you headlights its pointless to put a Yellow bulb back in looks like crap

check out the pics from my install. (I also put in HIDS and Angel eyes)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40097&highlight=Blinker+bulbs

i will bring whatever hand tools i have. I have some sockets, but i'm not sure about the metric. We'll figure it out. Worst case, i have a gift card from Home Depot burning a hole in my wallet and we can make a side trip if there's one around. What kind of silicone do we need and how much of it? is one tube enough for the both of us?

Gian, do we want to get clear bulbs too? we may have to run to an autozone or something before we start.

PS - i moved my apt up to 9:30, so i figure that takes an hour or so and then a 2 hours drive out there, so i'm shooting for a lot closer to noon than i thought.

Gian, do we want to get clear bulbs too? we may have to run to an autozone or something before we start.

Sure..There is an autozone, advanced auto and napa parts a few miles away, so I'm sure we'll find them.

Pm me with the address and what not ill see if i can make it.

Pm sent!

awesome, i'm not gonna lie, i'm excited to do this.

my inspection sticker is up this month, so i'm thinking i'll go get a new sticker today so i don't have to worry about it for a year AFTER the mod.

should be alright with one tube....I bought mine at a true value hardware store. Right next to all the sealants and stuff for kitchen and bath. I think I got an indoor/outdoor waterproof silicone. What the temp rating was I do not remember, but it shouldn't be too much of a worry cuz they don't get that hot around the outside.

Everything else if we need it we can pick up easily. i would say i would meet u somewhere muddy02...but I'm not too familiar with roads and or areas between boston and RI.

you can also try Henrys black roof pitch in a caulking tube. this stuff is sticky as hell, seals roofs, and has great adhesive qualities. but it is extremely messy! it is available in any home depot in the roofing/siding dept. oh yeah, it has great temperature range too. as for me making it......... i'm really not sure. i got my crank pulley done today but was checking everything out to see what was involved for the UP. looks like a major PITA! so my saturday kinda looks screwed now. good luck to you guys and if any of you are blacking out your lights too, get some good close ups!!

well i hate to pull this cause we actually got everything all organized, but to make a long story short, i went to get an inspection sticker today from "my guy" and i figured he would hook me up. I explained to him the mod i was planning on doing tomorrow, even noting that i could keep an amber bulb, but he said there's no way he would pass it after clearing the headlights.

Since this is essentially non-reversible, i'd be screwed one way or another. I'm basically saying i'm gonna have to bail on this tomorrow, and Gian, i guess you could still do it, as long as you're sure you can get a sticker. I tried to call you on your cell around 5, but you didn't pick up. I wanted to thank you for offering to host.

The guy wouldn't even give me a sticker today cause he said if i got stopped this year, they can trace the sticker back to where it was issued and give him crap about it.

So although it'd be nice to do and looks pretty sweet cosmetically, i don't think i'm gonna do it.

sorry guys. :icon_mad:

Good Luck.

Mike.

well i hate to pull this cause we actually got everything all organized, but to make a long story short, i went to get an inspection sticker today from "my guy" and i figured he would hook me up. I explained to him the mod i was planning on doing tomorrow, even noting that i could keep an amber bulb, but he said there's no way he would pass it after clearing the headlights.

Since this is essentially non-reversible, i'd be screwed one way or another. I'm basically saying i'm gonna have to bail on this tomorrow, and Gian, i guess you could still do it, as long as you're sure you can get a sticker. I tried to call you on your cell around 5, but you didn't pick up. I wanted to thank you for offering to host.

The guy wouldn't even give me a sticker today cause he said if i got stopped this year, they can trace the sticker back to where it was issued and give him crap about it.

So although it'd be nice to do and looks pretty sweet cosmetically, i don't think i'm gonna do it.

sorry guys. :icon_mad:

Good Luck.

Mike.

you're too honest. go to someone else, get the inspection and reg. sticker. do the mod, save your pennies. find used stock lights, swap out next inspection!

Archived