LegacyGT.com

keeping the wagon free of dog hair

salomonrobyn

We just got a 2.5i wagon (non-ltd, therefore with cloth seats) with the cargo tray.The main user of the cargo is our Golden Retriever who not only sheds, but also loves to swim and then roll in the sand or in the mud to dry herself. The floor of the cargo is protected, but the cargo sides are getting quickly full of hair. She also likes to rest her chin in between the backseats headrests -- she looks cute, but we dont want doghair on the backseats. Some possibilities are: 1) Get the Dog guard/Compartment divider from Subaru. 2) Get the Petnet from Hatchbag (cloth mesh). 3) Buy some vinyl and attach with velcro to the cargo sides and to the back of the backseats (after all, she always stays in the cargo). Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I put the back seats down and cover them to the area where the cargo tray is with a heavy blanket. I also have a Golden Retriever. And a Schnauzer. And a mutt. And 3 cats.

[quote name='salomonrobyn']We just got a 2.5i wagon (non-ltd, therefore with cloth seats) with the cargo tray.The main user of the cargo is our Golden Retriever who not only sheds, but also loves to swim and then roll in the sand or in the mud to dry herself. The floor of the cargo is protected, but the cargo sides are getting quickly full of hair. She also likes to rest her chin in between the backseats headrests -- she looks cute, but we dont want doghair on the backseats. Some possibilities are: 1) Get the Dog guard/Compartment divider from Subaru. 2) Get the Petnet from Hatchbag (cloth mesh). 3) Buy some vinyl and attach with velcro to the cargo sides and to the back of the backseats (after all, she always stays in the cargo). Any comments would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE] Get a set of clippers and take her down to an inch. Of course, I am kidding! :lol: We have a flat-coated retriever - not quite as much hair, but the same issue. I ordered the GT Limited wagon with Black interior for that reason.....leather and black seems to be the best way to go. We always used blankets in the WRX, but had a rough time getting the hair from a visiting golden out of the grey carpet in my Jeep (some is still there two years later and several attempts with tweezers to clean it up). Blankets seem to be the best deal in combination with the divider. There is also a backseat 'bench' you can buy from Orvis that allows the dog full use of the backseat area (it covers the footwells), and slopes up to the front seats to prevent 'creep': [url]http://www.orvis.com/store/product_directory_showcase3.asp?dir%5Fid=1633&group%5Fid=1928&cat%5Fid=5826&subcat%5Fid=7016[/url] That in combination with the rear cargo liner should do a good job, though you would have to remove it should you want passengers to ride along. Orvis also has seat covers and cargo liners: [url]http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=77AG&feature_id=&dir_id=1633&group_id=1928&cat_id=5826&subcat_id=7016&shop_id=[/url]

• 1 year later...
So once you get dog hair into the carpet, how do you get it out? I've tried using a vacuum, but the hairs (due to just floating around) seem to work their way into the carpet, the headliner, and the door panels in a way that generally requires removal by hand one at a time... is there a better way??
"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Brush sounds like a good idea... the problem I've run into with the tape idea is that the hairs tend to weave themselves into the fabric, so there's really nothing for the tape to grab onto... Thanks for the input tho!
"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='mmanus88']shave the fucker cactus style (term i use when i'm shaving my other beard :icon_bigg)[/QUOTE] :lol:

Archived