LegacyGT.com

SRT-4 Tribute

RobE

Hats off to the minivan owner. Dodge put the 2.5L Turbo I in 1989-1990 MY vans only. Easy motor to mod.

I had a Daytona (89) with the 2.5L turbo. It was rated at 150hp@5200 and 200lbft @2000 rpm! Modest figuires in today's market, but 200flywtq at 2k was impressive back then. The car launched great, but the tiny mitsu turbo choked it above 5k rpm.

I don't defend SRT4 owners, most all are cockey and misinformed, but you gotta tip your hat to DCX for at least trying to blow all the rice Honda Si's away.

The owners remind me of the Mustang GT owner of the 80's. They NEVER loose a race......and they are dangerous racers. One would just assume kill him/herself (and possibly someone innocent) just to win a race.

BTW, I think that yellow car was featured in Modified mag a while back. The owner claimed he could take a modified Z06 C5 car by the top of third gear.:lol:

I have a great story about a 12 second SRT4 getting it's butt kicked by a 14 second car......THREE times in a row!.. but I must adhere to rules.....NO KILL STORIES!:icon_bigg

Here is what mine looked like after I got hit ( Some guy in a mustang was running from the police and hit me from behind doing 90mph). This happened 2 weeks ago; they had to cut me out of the car and as such. I only had bumps and bruses, whiplash, back pain, and a strained shoulder; thank God I wasn't seriously injured. I really liked my car, but I decided to get the LGT to replace it since I'm starting a family soon. Remember not all of us (now EX) SRT-4 owners are punk kids.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/quantum007/Accident006.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/quantum007/Accident005.jpg

Sad thing is kids are getting killed in these things. The NEON was never a very crash worthy vehicle.

Thats what happens you make a vehicle like this and sell it for 19k, with a 4k off the lot depreciation, your looking at a 14k-15k rocket.

Young kids see the potential of this car and think they can handle it. Some can... most cant.

I know if I had one of these when I was 17,18, 19 I would be dead.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

:whore: These younger drivers have cars with HP to weight ratios we could only dream of having when I was a teenager. My 1974 Formula Firebird, with a 455ci and a Turbo 350 transmission and 3.73 gears could only muster a low 14 sec 1320'.

Here is what mine looked like after I got hit ( Some guy in a mustang was running from the police and hit me from behind doing 90mph). This happened 2 weeks ago; they had to cut me out of the car and as such. I only had bumps and bruses, whiplash, back pain, and a strained shoulder; thank God I wasn't seriously injured. I really liked my car, but I decided to get the LGT to replace it since I'm starting a family soon. Remember not all of us (now EX) SRT-4 owners are punk kids.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/quantum007/Accident006.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/quantum007/Accident005.jpg

HOLY CRAP! You walked away from that? God blessed you.:icon_wink

Quantum, were you running winter wheels on your steelies?

And man i cant believe you survived that... you can take some comfort in the LGT being one of the safest cars on the road.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Quantum, were you running winter wheels on your steelies?

And man i cant believe you survived that... you can take some comfort in the LGT being one of the safest cars on the road.

Yep, I put the winters on 15" steels. Funny enough I have the 4 stock rims and tires sitting around now and will probably sell them soon. I have to admit, when I was searching for a new car I ran everyone of them by IIHS before I considered them. I'm very happy about beign alive right now; that was the scariest experence of my life thus far.

Archived