LegacyGT.com

AEM CAI Fitment!

subyroo

Very Nice thanks!

I would ofcourse be forced to powdercoat it black, and maybe even make some sort of cover for the top haha. Stealth ftw :)

Mine is silver, but it may end up powder coated black as well.

ignore him, he'll go away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just put in my K&N and dremeled the intake section of the plastic ram air piece, but the fitment once you put the hood lever down is a little sketchy. THe right passenger side of the hood is lifted up a bit more than the drivers side. Something to be worried about? did you guys chuck your plastic ram air piece or cut it like me?
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I just put mine in today as a test fitting.

I experience the same thing, the bottom nut of the rubber mount hits the car. I'm OK with it for now but will cut it shorter and use a flatter nut after my trip to Maryland.

The other thing I did to get it to fit better was to enlarge the 2 holes where the bolts go through the heat shield and attach to the body. I have to push down on the shield to get the bolt closest to the front to thread.

One word of advice, when installing the rubber mount, put it as far back in the hole as you can (towards the rear of the car). This will center the intake pipe better when you tighten everything down. Maybe it's going to be different on other cars but on mine this worked best.

If any of you are going to be at AMS in Maryland tomorrow you can watch me install it and see all the points I'm talking about.

Some good information, thanks!!! I love AEM, had one on my 02' OBS and my 93 del Sol S - top notch stuff, great fit and finish, and always sounds great...someday soon I'll have mine, any pictures of the red in a Garnet Red Pearl car though, I'm curious how close the colors match?

Brian-

Anyone got any vids?

I hope it doesn't sound like this: http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Hyundai/0/3cb9fe73-dce5-4d1e-bb8b-989600e50914.htm

Hear the sound of a 170hp!! meh

I don't consider that video a good example. It's a Tiburon, and our H4's have a totally different sound to them altogether...expecially when turbo is in the mix, although it's a minmal sound in a Subaru when talking about intakes, but it's there. I will have a video available as soon as I get mine...which I hope to be soon....just trying to help, as I'm not sure how much exposure you have to intakes...

Brian-

Oh sure, but it's more of the really loud sucking noise that sounds rice. (queue the vw german saying "it really is sucking"). Power is great but if I can't put down 3/4-4/4 throttle without alerting every pedestrian and cop in a 200 yards, it's useless.

True, but remember a few things. I would say the first to consider is most people that have reviewed this product are happy with the noise level's, it's not beyond obnoxious or overpowering from what they've all said. Also, by the time the do possibly hear the "whoosh" of the air rushing into the intake, they'll miss the car, haha....turbo will have kicked in, kinda like a lighting bolt, you'll hear "whoosh" first, and the after boom with be psssshhhh..from the blow off valve...haha...again, I will try to get a video, before and after as soon as I get my hands on one.

Brian-

AEM for $198 from OptionImports.com. Free shipping using coupon code.

Joe, can TDC pricematch the AEM CAI found here? I would like to get one in red. Free shipping is also offered using coupon code aem-freeship.

Thanks,

Mason

Nope you are the second person to post that. There is no way they can sell for that price. That is less then cost. I bet they have none in stock

But sorry we can't even get them for that cheap. Don't forget shipping isn't included in that.

WTF:(

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

It could have been below MAP and AEM called them on it. It happened before. Turbometrics was selling the Blouch TD06-18G for below MAP. The next day, it was fixed.

Anyway, I ordered an AEM intake for the low price with free shipping. We'll see if I get it or not.

That's funny, seems to have been a typo or an attempt to clear out non-moving inventory, because the price is now $211.64....hhhmmm...anyone delt with these guys?

Brian-

I know of another member who bought and received it for the $198/free shipped price. Price went up between yesterday and today.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Hmmm...I want to support TDC, but if they can't beat the price, I know they'll understand....tempted, VERY tempted...

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Option Imports, they said the $198 price was older stock, and AEM just raised there MSRP prices as we guessed..so now the $211.64 os cirremt. The current promotion with free shipping is still going. I will double check with TDC, but I may be ordering mine today.

Brian-

BTW, optionsimports called me. They are all out. They will ship me one next Wednesday. Same price ($198) since I ordered it already.

I couldn't wait for TDC to get back to me, plus I keep reading they can't match that price. Maybe next time TDC, soon probably, still want a short throw shifter, lol. I have one ordered up for the $211.64 price with free shipping. I MIGHT be able to find it cheaper, but not with FREE SHIPPING, lol. They are out of stock, as I talked to them on the phone today to. They said they would be placing another large order with AEM soon. I can't wait, haha!!! I so miss my CAI that I had in my OBS...lol...sounded sooooo good...love AEM...

Brian-

Yep, ordered mine from Options as well. I guess that whole price match thing ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm still waiting for my backordered Prodrive solenoid from TDC, so I'll prolly get both around same time:lol:

TDC is not going to be able to match every internet dealer out there just scraping by on near zero margains. If you want the cheapest price, the internet is your playgound. If you want support for the products you buy, you may have to pay a little more.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the topic. Carry on.

TDC is not going to be able to match every internet dealer out there just scraping by on near zero margains. If you want the cheapest price, the internet is your playgound. If you want support for the products you buy, you may have to pay a little more.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the topic. Carry on.

I absolutely agree that we need to support the vendors who support us. I personally have spent more then $6000 on various mods in the past year, and about $1300 (ALL of my retail power mods) went to TDC. However, when you have a vendor making statements like:

TDC will MEET OR BEAT any price on any item for your LGT!

Please PM Me, MIKE, or JOE and we will help you out.

Our Sales team is gearing up to make a huge move in volume sales

and seeing as how some vendors are inducing pricing wars we will react as such.

TDC is setting themselves up for just what you say in your first sentence. I highlighted in red TDC throwing down the gauntlet here. TDC needs to be the one supporting and defending their policy. Those are my thoughts on the subject.

No one in their right mind is going to sell product for less than their cost. There is a point where selling product at too low a margain isn't worth the time of actually selling it.

The AEM CAI is one recent, low margain product that they are unable to match the pricing on. Only time will tell how rebust their price matching policy truely is.

I agree. It was just the first public test of the matching policy. I'll be getting turbo upgrades from TDC soon, so Jon and crew will still get my mod dollars.

Archived