LegacyGT.com

Front swaybar bushings on drugs.

icelatte

After 26K miles and 9 track days, here are the results on my stock rubber front swaybar bushings:

When I was changing my oil, I noticed the passenger side bushing looked crushed in the metal bracket. The one torn in the photo is actually the driver's side bushing.

Solution: Energy Suspension generic 21mm polyurethane bushings. No squeaks, clunks thus far.

frontbush1.thumb.JPG.00387cfb2c27783e1f9cee678a8c091a.JPG

frontbush2.JPG.d9ed11845e31ce7ba0c66b0ff8e8d01b.JPG

After 26K miles and 9 track days, here are the results on my stock rubber front swaybar bushings:

When I was changing my oil, I noticed the passenger side bushing looked crushed in the metal bracket. The one torn in the photo is actually the driver's side bushing.

Solution: Energy Suspension generic 21mm polyurethane bushings. No squeaks, clunks thus far.

do they change the noise, harshness level? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Yeah, they looked ugly but since it was torn, I'm sure it was just a matter of time before rubber chunks were flying off. The swaybar was probably doing plenty more than just rotating in that bracket.

So far, no extra NVH. Rides like stock which is fine with me. I wasn't looking for a performance increase, just more durability so I'm not replacing these once a year. Time will tell after the next track season.

Chak

Archived