LegacyGT.com

North County SD Meet?

mtobia5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is DCH just opening for us or are they open Sat? I thought I was going to be able to do the run, but I still have the bent wheel. Maybe if they open early I can get the wheel fixed for the run. At any rate I will be there at 11 run or not.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I don't know what the status is, but since its just a small gathering...read, me, you, kevin, henry so far...(I don't anticipate much more) I think we are just meeting at the lot.

Is DCH just opening for us or are they open Sat? I thought I was going to be able to do the run, but I still have the bent wheel. Maybe if they open early I can get the wheel fixed for the run. At any rate I will be there at 11 run or not.

definately bring her along. no need for speed racers. I'm back on stock (squishy) suspension myself so I ain't looking to impress anybody. besides, I absolutely MUST keep her intact since she's up for sale now.

see you guys tomorrow at DCH at 11 AM.

if you need it, PM for my cell phone #

What do you guys think of this proposed route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=26673+Ynez+Rd,+Temecula,+CA+92591&daddr=19952+State+Park+Rd,+Pauma+Valley,+CA+92061+(Palomar+Mountain+State+Park)+to:26439+Highway+76,+Santa+Ysabel,+CA+92070+(Lake+Henshaw+Resort)&sll=33.402782,-117.01054&sspn=0.352533,0.752563&ie=UTF8&z=11&ll=33.373545,-116.957703&spn=0.352651,0.752563&om=1

I am kind of wondering what that road to the lake is like. It's an 11 mile stretch so it isn't that much longer. We can turn around there and head back down the mountain through the curves instead of taking weak sauce 76 back.

What do you guys think of this proposed route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=26673+Ynez+Rd,+Temecula,+CA+92591&daddr=19952+State+Park+Rd,+Pauma+Valley,+CA+92061+(Palomar+Mountain+State+Park)+to:26439+Highway+76,+Santa+Ysabel,+CA+92070+(Lake+Henshaw+Resort)&sll=33.402782,-117.01054&sspn=0.352533,0.752563&ie=UTF8&z=11&ll=33.373545,-116.957703&spn=0.352651,0.752563&om=1

I am kind of wondering what that road to the lake is like. It's an 11 mile stretch so it isn't that much longer. We can turn around there and head back down the mountain through the curves instead of taking weak sauce 76 back.

looks good to me! :icon_mrgr

I've taken that road before... Its a fast road.. aka, not too many sharp turns in it, etc... just fast.. take your time with that road because it can kill your brakes...

When I hit it with the S2k guys it started to make my Rotoras go a little soft towards the end... granted, I'm running street pads.. but you get the idea.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

nice to see you guys that made it out. its was a "grandmotherly" pace but still nice to enjoy the hilly countryside that's so darn close to home. I can hardly believe you can be upwards of 6,000 ft elevation in about 30 miles from Temecula.

CA is so nice!

Well ...I got home around 5:45. I left the Cafe around 2:30. So let's recap on what happened.

The first picture represents the correct and quickest way back to San Diego from Palomar.

The second picture represents the correct way for a nice scenic drive that isn't too far out of the way.

The third picture represents the most incorrect way to get back to San Diego, when attempting to take the scenic drive in picture two.

Let's just say, I didn't print out a map, and I thought that there would be more signs and stuff. When I saw a sign that said 8, I just followed it...through the desert, fun fun. Upon reaching the 8 and seeing the mileage to San Diego.... (90!!) I was like yep...I must have made a wrong turn somewhere. The fact that my mirror compass constantly said E, SE, should have told me to stop the damn fool idea of the scenic route. Unfortunately in the desert...there is no one to help.

At least I got to see the beautiful desert scenery <bleeding sarcasm>

Correct.thumb.jpg.0552e54606c836c472a4468cc734680b.jpg

1464954913_CorrectScenic.thumb.jpg.39781c56ba24ac40ccbc1296158d1200.jpg

344013416_CompletelyWrong.thumb.jpg.98e61e3b3052c06a6da65083ce6b3fa5.jpg

hey, you didn't run out of gas or blow a tire in the beautiful desert. so count your blessings.

Happy New Year!

I totally am!...I almost slammed into ...not a pothole, but half of my lane missing...something took a big bite out of the road. And I almost killed a coyote...or whatever those things are out there.

:lol: :lol: ROFL:lol: :lol: . Glad you finally made it home safe. Sounds like you might have gone the Julian route.

Just think when you get back to the east coast you can tell your friends how you nearly died in the California desert.:lol:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

The desert is a strange place indeed. I had to take a piss and no one was around...its just eerily silent. I did run into the border patrol though. They had a checkpoint setup , and for a second I thought I was in mexico. The sign there said leaving San Diego County...but that was just me being stupid and paranoid.

Archived