LegacyGT.com

Gauges (boost, etc) on a video/VGA screen?

ATB

Close, but not quite what I was thinking of. I am looking for something that will output a video or VGA signal, or can be used with a carputer. The (discontinued) camp has its own screen and the dtec uses a gameboy.

I've searched for quite awhile and found nothing but the HKS camp. You can use any screen with the camp, but the damn thing is expensive and hard to find. I can't believe that with all the cars rolling around with aftermarket and factory screens that no one makes a simple, affordable, plug and play system.

Tom

HKS Camp is and has been discontinued for a long time. They pop up on ebay, but still are no deal. They do not include screens, you need something with a composite video input. Also, the boost units are in bar.

I've seen serial based pressure sensors for sale that are easily integrated with carputers. Check MP3.com for more info on those.

I just bought a TurboXS DTEC and pressure sensor on ebay for a steal as well as a used gameboy advance SP. I've got a chinese TV adapter on order that connects to the gameboy and provides analog audio and composite video outputs as well. The entire package will be hidden and plugged into my double din NAV headunit for a video based boost gauge. Should have the whole deal completed and installed for under $175!:icon_mrgr

ignore him, he'll go away.

HKS Camp is and has been discontinued for a long time. They pop up on ebay, but still are no deal. They do not include screens, you need something with a composite video input. Also, the boost units are in bar.

I've seen serial based pressure sensors for sale that are easily integrated with carputers. Check MP3.com for more info on those.

I just bought a TurboXS DTEC and pressure sensor on ebay for a steal as well as a used gameboy advance SP. I've got a chinese TV adapter on order that connects to the gameboy and provides analog audio and composite video outputs as well. The entire package will be hidden and plugged into my double din NAV headunit for a video based boost gauge. Should have the whole deal completed and installed for under $175!:icon_mrgr

Very cool stuff! Please keep us updated

Tom

I was selling a full EcuTek logger package that included the virtual gauges for $200 (half price) and nobody was interested, here or on Ebay. With it you can display anything ECU related to the screen.

I only picked up my '05 wagon 2 weeks ago ;)

Archived