LegacyGT.com

Perrin control arms -- just saw these

sutter2k

i have them, gotta install

they are 2 arms total

we sell them too

http://www.tdctuning.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22_28&products_id=360

im going to design another arm to match for the swaybar mount arm

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

I'm assuming these are for the rear. Do the bumpstops still work? Do they hit the flat spot on the larger rod end?

has nothing to do w the bumpstops

the pics u see are NOT what you get

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Those spherical rod ends are not even needed in this application. The wheel only moves in a vertical plane. A regular poly bushing and metal sleeve is more "street" friendly. The Whiteline arms on my WRX were of this design,and never gave me or the current owner any issues.

The search continues.

Dave

TDC's picture shows the longer STI link, but it is very similar to the LGT arm. This arm replaces the lower front lateral link, and allows for camber adjustment but pushing the bottom of the wheel in and out.

This doens't replace the upper arm with the bump stop, and we most likely will not build that arm as that bump stop can't be built into the arm without making the retail price way out of line.

The rear lower lateral link is one we are working on and you will see it very soon also. This bar will allow for some added toe adjustment, but its main benifit is to get rid of those rubber bushings.

Regarding the sphearical bearings. We used to supply rod end seals on other control arms long ago. But none of them last. In oregon weather not a big deal, but in salted road areas nothing lasts forever. Over the years we have use a couple different type of rod ends and found that the normal teflon lined rod ends are great for a while, but loosen up and can rattle as the teflon pounds out. The rod ends we now use are constructed differently and have an injected molded Nylon for the inner race and steel for the outer. This keeps the ball from ever "pounding" it self loose. We have used this for about 2 years in salted road areas with great success.

Many people think that if there are rod ends installed the NVH goes way up. But for just those reasons mentioned above, because the arm moves in a verticle path over bumps, this just simply rotates the rod end on the ball. The NVH from the road and tires doesn't transmit throught to the car because of this. If the NVH was working against the rod end in a direction that the rod end can't move, then yes it would be louder than a rubber bushing. Once people get them installed, they will notice virtually ZERO difference in noise. But they will notice the difference in performance.

Besides an alignment tool, the control arms do eliminate 2 rubber bushings. These rubber bushings flex while cornering, and cause tire misalignments. Overall this can make the car feel soft or not as contolled. Get the full benifit, replace both the front and rear would make the most noticable difference, but like i said, the lower rear is something you will see soon.

I hope that answers some questions and concerns about the lower lateral links for the LGT.

BTW, we don't use urethane on these types of connections as they still flex, and there is no noticalble NVH from the solid rod ends. But we could do a urethane verion, i would be much less expensive.

BTW, we don't use urethane on these types of connections as they still flex, and there is no noticalble NVH from the solid rod ends. But we could do a urethane verion, i would be much less expensive.

Personally, I would be interested in the urethane version because of the serviceability of the bushings. Do you have a projected price point on the rear lower arms (either urethane or spherical)?

ignore him, he'll go away.

Spherical are the ones on our site. They are $280, at least that is our retail price. When we were designing them the possible urethane version would be about $50-80 cheaper.

Urethane sounds like there is less maintinence, but in areas with salted roads, you will be dealing with greasing them and squeaking alot. At least that is what we get with swaybars and our urethane bushing. The only reason to offer the urethane is they can be cheaper and satisfy those worried about the NVH. Even though there isn't an issue.

The only reason to offer the urethane is they can be cheaper and satisfy those worried about the NVH. Even though there isn't an issue.

Send me a pair at cost and I'll run the pi$$ out of them on the salty Chicago streets this winter and report back in the spring!:)

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived