LegacyGT.com

Subaru Cult

Back in the dark ages (2000) when all we had was the RS, we all waved and flashed hi-beams at each other every time. A sighting was far and few between so we were really happy when we saw another Subaru owner.

As the WRX came out, less and less people waved. Now, most Subaru owners around here don't even know my car is a Subaru and look at me like I'm retarded when I wave at them.

I tried a "save the wave" campaign a few year back, but it never took hold like I had hoped. I have pretty much thrown in the towel, it's a lost cause.

It's funny that she asked if you were in a cult. Back in the RS days, it was referred to as having a cult following. Many magazine called the Subaru scene "cult like"

Hey, I remember those days very well. I had a 2000 RS Coupe and when you saw another one you were so happy "You had to wave!" The good o'l days

I miss that car! http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/Kilalee/IMG_0179.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its no different than driving a Jeep or a Harley Davidson.

You wanna talk about a cult, check out HOG (Harley Owners Group)

Those guys hate all other motorcycles period.

not true. i've been a HOG member for 14 yrs. and i don't hate all other motorcycles in fact i'm glad everyone doesn't ride a Harley. i ride with friends who have GW's, BMW's and the like they are fine machines just not for me. i will say there are some people who act like you say but they are in the minority. HOG members will be the first to stop and help someone on the side of the road in trouble and they give millions to fight MS across the country with their "poker runs" and other charitable causes. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

not true. i've been a HOG member for 14 yrs. and i don't hate all other motorcycles in fact i'm glad everyone doesn't ride a Harley. i ride with friends who have GW's, BMW's and the like they are fine machines just not for me. i will say there are some people who act like you say but they are in the minority. HOG members will be the first to stop and help someone on the side of the road in trouble and they give millions to fight MS across the country with their "poker runs" and other charitable causes. bosco

My intentions weren't to down the HOG group. My father is part of a Harley Owners Group and they do great things for the community. He just doesn't like other bikes so much, (mainly referriing to the crotch rockets). Most harley riders and pretty nice, that I will agree. (I definitely wasn't meaning to downplay them whatsoever.) But as for the cultish aspect, they fit that category I think. Everything my dad wears nowadays has harley on it. He even put a harley emblem on his new F-250. :)

My intentions weren't to down the HOG group. My father is part of a Harley Owners Group and they do great things for the community. He just doesn't like other bikes so much, (mainly referriing to the crotch rockets). Most harley riders and pretty nice, that I will agree. (I definitely wasn't meaning to downplay them whatsoever.) But as for the cultish aspect, they fit that category I think. Everything my dad wears nowadays has harley on it. He even put a harley emblem on his new F-250. :)

not a problem. btw your dad sounds like a cool guy you should be happy for him, just look at all the stuff you put him though growing up. j/k. bosco

Save the Wave

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I haven't seen a single other LGT in the past few months other than my ex-husband's and BlackOnBlackLtd's. *sniffle*

I troll the Official Northeast Spotted thread every day in the hopes that someone will at least say "Saw a Black LGT wagon with a Hello Kitty on the rear window. You sure drive like a Masshole, for a chick," but so far, it just hasn't happened.

And I'll be damned if there aren't a million freaking Outbacks here. Sheesh. That seems like its own cult here.

-Coelli

Yup it's a small world, wish I still had mine. I still wave at almost any Subaru I see (still got some left in me). Mostly WRX, STI's, any old school RS.

Me too. I still see my old RS around. The guy that bought it had it swapped last year. We live in the same town and are in the same local club. I also see if parked at the train station all the time.

I told him if he ever wants to sell it to contact me. There is nothing like a first love! I plan on buying it back some day.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Me too. I still see my old RS around. The guy that bought it had it swapped last year. We live in the same town and are in the same local club. I also see if parked at the train station all the time.

I told him if he ever wants to sell it to contact me. There is nothing like a first love! I plan on buying it back some day.

Thats funny, same here - I sold mine to my brother-in-law and I told him if he ever want's to trade it in or sell it to see me first so I can buy it back! On that same note, I do get to visit my old RS a couple of time a year. :icon_wink

Archived